Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Queen's Diamond Jubilee

 I received an email telling that there is going to be two parties the following week... and the parties were for the Diamond Jubilee Celebration.. Apparently, the Queen of England has been ruling for 60 years and they are celebrating it.. the first day is a street party where they have food in their class and there is ice cream..

The second day, they are to dress up in formal wear and they are supposed to make crowns to wear.. thank god Ace's teacher made him make the crown in school.. so I din have to headache over it:)

 So on the special day, Ace wore the shirt tat Shu Shu bought for him and even wore his tie...  I love the crown tat he made because it is so colourful.. he said his teacher says tat his crown is very nice!:)

 He told me they also made flowers for decoration using paper and pipecleaners... he brought one home specially to show me how it looks like and told me he made many.. he had wanted to bring home two pieces of it for me... Alas, his friend wanted one and so he gave it to him...


Anyway, I figured they were given some sort of history lesson about England... cos Ace came home telling me about Union Jacks and stuff like that...

And then the funniest thing was when we asked him to bath, he was singing "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN...." while he was in the shower... Both me and Max laughed till be pengz...

The next day, I asked him  where he learnt how to sing God Save The Queen and he said he learnt it in school because of the Diamond Jubilee... Then I told him that that is the national anthem of England and I asked him if he knew what is the national anthem of Singapore...

As he has been singing this song for a few NDPs during his Kinderland years, he has some memory about it but he is able to give the correct name, Majulah Singapura... Once I told him the name, he said he knew how to sing BUT he could only sing the chorus!:) Hahahahaha...

I wish there were some immersion programme that he can attend when we go back during the summer breaks.. so that he can learn more about Singapore.. so when people ask him about our country, he wun be clueless about our home country.. very paiseh if all he can tell them is about england right?:P

I went to the Overseas Singaporean website and found out that they do have a CAMP for children to learn all that... alas, they dun take any more registrations.. Keeping my fingers crossed that they can slot him in or wat...

Previous Post: Ace's Summer Report

No comments: