Sunday, February 09, 2014

Ace And His Grandmothers

I am very happy that this trip, I got to spend alot more time with my family... Because we arrived after the main new year celebrations were over, I did not have to go here and there and visit many people.. so instead, we could stay home and be with our family and it was really sweet:)

I was really tired on the day we arrived. We were supposed to go watch the chingay but me and Ace were so tired and were all sneezy with a cold and so I thought we better stay home to rest. In the end, I got to chat with my mother and Ace also got to spend time with Popo and Zeng Popo..

The next day, as I was still feeling very tired, I decided to spend time at home. My mum said she is going to visit my grandma and I quickly follow lah.. cos I know the next weekend I will be super bz.

My last call home before I came home, mum told me that Lao Ma's dementia had gotten worse after she caught a cold. Somehow, after she caught that cold, she stopped talking much and got worse at recognizing people....

But me and Ace were lucky. When we arrived that day, she was in a good mood... I quickly introduced myself and told her I am her grand daughter.. and then told her Ace is my son.. I also told her that I live very far away... and I am home only for short time.. so I come to visit her.. She seems happy to know that and was very chatty... asking me every 5 min if Ace is my son and how old he is.. hehehe.. just like normal  ;)

I had told Ace before that if he wants to play anything in laoma house, he has to ask permission and when he asked permission, she even joked with him and said, "No, you cannot play.." hahaha...

The next day, my mum and sis brought along Ace and my nephew to visit grandma again to have breakfast with her. Not so lucky this time as she is somewhat angry. Maybe too many people she did not know coming into her house.. she feels defensive...


When it was time to go and I had to say goodbye, even though I know she doesnt remember us, but I could sense that she was really upset and angry when we said we were going home.

Before I came back to sgp, I told Ace that he should take time to talk to his grandparents and great grandparents.. because that is the point of us going back.

Unlike the past where he always kenna nagged by zeng popo.. this time round, they chatted little bit with each other and fussed over Cayden together....  So by the time we went back to Dubai, whenever I mentioned Zeng Popo, he will purse his lips and say, "Can you dun talk about Zeng Popo.. I miss her already.. I am going to cry..." Which sort of surprised me. I know he loves her in his own way but din expect him to miss her so much...

Waipo also got to spend time together and they did some weaving together when Popo had the time...

And thank god Nai Nai had one off day and Ace went to stay over for a day. Yeye told me that on the day we were due to arrive, Nai Nai work up in the morning very tired cos the whole night, she was so excited about our impeding arrival that she could not sleep!:) haha...

I just pray that all Ace's grandparents and great grandparents will be healthy and we wun suddenly get a call that anything happen to them while we are so far far away.. :S

Previous Post: Ace Gor Gor Takes Care Of His Cousin

No comments: