Sunday, February 02, 2014

Posh Paws Petting Zoo Visit

When my friend visited Dubai, she posted pictures of a visit to this place called Posh Paws Petting Zoo and she said that the animals roam freely there and you really get to go up close and personal with them... so I thought Ace might be interested to go... I asked around and F said she is interested to come along as well and so we made a date to go together :)

The place is located near this road called Academic City Road... strangely on the way there, we saw lots of tentages like these one put up in the sand. They had water tanks and some had playgrounds even. I wonder if they are chalets or actual homes that people lived in!

There is a sort of make shift civil defence "camp" too.. and very strangely, all these "camps" have lots of UAE flags as decorations. I tried to google but cannot find anything on line to explain what this place is and how these things came about..

Our welcome party when we arrrived.. was a little hesitant at first cos these duckies were really roaming around freely and I was so afraid they will come and "kiss me" (which they did... to Max's legs.. wahahahaha)

There wer also geese... Happy that Ace can see the difference between the different types of birds

I wonder why this duck has a black beak and black "tail"... very strange breed...

This is the resident EMU. He is very cute one.. the caretaker told us that he is not afraid of strangers and usually does not react even if you had alot of noise around him. He is literally like a moving decoration in the farm.. so we could go and pat him. True enough.. he just walk around, pose and do what he likes.. he doesnt really care what you do.. hahahaha.. very cute dude:)

The Rooster and his entourage:)

Ostrich... So difficult to take a nice photos of them cos they keep walking around. These are super shy so quite difficult to get up close...

Saw a large turtle! Was probably size of two of Max's palms put together.. must be super duper old!

Spotted turkey.. so pretty the spots...

I was wondering why there were so many hens and chickens walking around and this one still sitting there in the coop.. later when I walked back, I found out why.. cos SHE WAS LAYING EGGS!

Saw some baboons but these lot are bad tempered ones.. I told Max very difficult to take their photo. they know talking about them and started to throw a temper.. wah lau, not talking bad about them mah.. Just complaining the cage very difficult to take photos mah...


Hahaha... F was so afraid the rooster will jump down on her!:)



Grandpa goat.. haha

Cute bunnies in the bunny enclosure..

Saw this special booted chicken.. got feathers growing on the feet.. looks like wearing boots.. quite flashy.. dun you think?:P wahahaha


Ace thought he was sick.. that is why got feathers on the feet.. I goggled and told him they are born like tat one:)


Loved the deers... so gentle looking... perfect shot if the background is all snow!:) whaahaha


Aww... are all little kids this cute!:)


I hereby declare you, the most tam chiak goat ever! Everytime someone is feeding the goats, this particular one is always first to arrive and eat!


Ace was hesitant to go so near to the EMU even though I told him iit is safe:)


Love Birds..


Pretty hor:)

Snake anyone? I think this is wilted skin.... I finally took up the courage to touch the snake... the skin was.. erm... smooth... and slightly waxy.... but still dun dare to hold it...



Mr Turkey

This is Ace's favourite place inside the petting zoo.. the bunnie enclosure.. He spent lots of time here carrying and petting the bunnies and guinea pigs.. he says his fav are the guinea pigs cos they are so cute!


The caretaker took out the cockatoo for us to pose.. the very scaredy cat Ace was hiding behind his dad.. wahahaha :)



The cow who sneezed on me.. scared me lor! wahahahaha

I never knew that while a swan looks so graceful in the water.. they look so awkward on land!:) wahahahahaha

This is the lovelorn donkey. I think he is sick and missing someone or something... he keeping having this lovelorn expression like that...


These ship have cool hairstyles I say :)


I just realized that the poor ostrich has a missing tuff of feathers behind him.. maybe also sick ostrich..


Haha.. they look like two grumpy old men ;)

The same swan.. so graceful in the water..

Ace saw someone feeding the animals and said he wanted to do that as well. We paid money for a pail of food and Ace happy started feeding. I think next time we will bring our own feeds since the same amt can buy more of these feeds :)



There.. the most tam jiak one at work again! Eat and eat and never full one leh!

Do you know why  goats always have that sort of blur fuck look when you look at them closely? I now realize it is because unlike humans, their iris is not round.. it is just one line...  so they perpetually have this (-_-) look.. wahahahaha




Brad Pitt lookalike pony.. I mean the hair lah.. wahahahahah

Max says must pose with horses for good luck in the year of the Horse:)




The very cute baby cow doing a "Am I cute?" look..

The mummy goes, "What?! I also very cute mah!" wahhaahah


It was feeding time and the caretakers brought plates of fruits and veg and put this huge kickass turtle in front of the food.. but all he is willing to do is to keep his head in and watch others eat... wah lau.. you so big leh, scared what??

Ace figured this is a good way not to have animals lick his hands:) He also very cute.. he tries to be fair and will always try to feed the other goats instead of Mr Tam Chiak..


This goat has his head stuck at the door cos we wanted to feed the other one instead of him cos he has already eaten alot.. wahahaha....

But I am very proud of Ace.. after seeing how they keep fighting for food... he told them, "You share, ok!" And took one carrot stick, broke into half and fed them both so both get to eat... hahahaha...




Ace having fun in the rabbit enclosure...










Ace told me, "Mummy, I saw a sick rabbit.. he had blood in his eyes.." I had to explain to him that some  rabbits that are white have red eyes.. Cos they are albinos.. there is no  pigment in them and so the eyes are transparent and we can see their blood and hence the red eyes.

WHen i was in primary school, my school garden had a rabbit like that and it always just seemed natural to me that white rabbit had red eyes.. I never tot of it as the rabbit being sick or wat.. hahaha



Ace has really grown up lor.. in the past he wouldnt have dared to touch or hold ANY animal:)

Haha.. there was  a birthday party and i think this is the birthday boy.. i wonder how he can tahan such a thick outift under the sun:)







An arabic boy and his favourite animal.. a possum.. oh how he kissed and hugged the little thing.. I wonder if the possum was his pet or wat..


I wondered why the roosters and hens kept going on the rooftops.. and while editing these photos.. i realized why! they laid eggs there! Hahahaha...



This big excited dog is called Max and always barking loudly and looks like he is going to run off his leash to eat someone up.. and coincidentally, Max the dog seems to be very agitated whenever he sees Max the man!:) wahahaha..



Too bad we din get a chance to see the peacock open up its feathers... peacock was hidden on the roof and I din notice it till very very long after i reached:)


Ace says he wants another round of feeding, so I let him go feed lor...

Then got this man so garang go and climb over the fence and play with the goat..:)





All in all.. very good trip :)

On a side note, my Jap friends gave Ace these cute chocolates.... nice hor :) hahaha..



Sibeh cute!:)

Previous Post: Dubai Kite Festival

No comments: