Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Everything Is Awesome!

 I had always been taking part in those FB contests but never seem to win any... was just about to give up when I received a piece of good news!

That I had won for myself and Ace (cos I really took part on Ace's behalf since he told me he wanted to watch this movie since we watched the trailer one year ago!) a pair of tickets from Hamleys UAE to watch the Lego Movie! Yipee! So Happy!

But leh, a little mafan.. cannot collect at the place where we watch the movie. Have to collect before hand.. so I went to DM by train to collect the tickets early morning the next day.. as it is not many days away from the actual day of screening...

 Decided to take nice photo of Khalifa since passing by...

 Walk from metro to Hamleys store in Dubai Mall was about 2 kilometres long. I figured that is my exercise for the day :) wahahaha... Artistic shot of  Burj Khalifa....

 Tadah! collected the tickets!

While I was there, I saw this nice indian gentleman and we were chatting and he was telling me how wonderful Singapore is and how much he loved it when he visited when I told him I was Singaporean. Next moment though, he was throwing a mean fit at the staff there.

Apparently, during the sale period, he had bought over 4000 dirhans worth of toys and recieved some vouchers. The vouchers stated that only one 50 dirham vouchers can be used for every 300 dirhams purchase. But he had wanted to combine all his vouchers to get one 400 dirham toy and when they wouldnt give it to him, he threw a big fit and tore all the vouchers into pieces and stomped out! Wow!

I think hor.. he at fault cos it is already stated on the voucher mah.. and the voucher is extra. But I also think Hamleys is at fault. He bougt 4000 dirhams worth of toys leh. They should have like keyed in some of it and use the other half of it with the vouchers or something.. then he gets bit of discount and dun have to be angry.

 On my long walk back to the metro, took a few more pics:) wahahaha..

 Then it was the day for the Lego Movie and Ace was really excited. I thought since the movie starts at 8pm, we can eat dinner first then go.

As it says it is a premier, I was not sure if we should get there early. As a former reporter, the premiers that I attended always came with lots of goodies and even stars etc.... So we decided to arrive an hour early.. just in case.. besides, i was told it is free seating...

 When we arrived.. wah lau, the cinema is ulu orbit type... and there was NO ONE AROUND AT ALL! I think we were one of the first to arrive lor! So we entertained ourselves by taking photos:)






 Then hor, 30 min before movie due to start.. then the staff slowly come out to change the movie posters to the lego movie! wah lau eh, that is dubai for you!:) wahahahaha

 Ace starting to feel bored..



 And then at this moment.. someone who just had a HUGE BOWL OF FRIED RICE for dinner told me, "Mummy I am hungry.." Sigh.. I knew that was his queue for he wants to eat popcorn.. so boh pian.. went to buy some for him.. cos if not, he will say he is hungry and whine and whine...

 When we went in then i realized it is going to be a 3D movie cos they handed us glasses.. Since movie not starting.. we entertain ourselves by taking photos again:)





Saw some parents bring their babies and I was abit chuan.. pls dun let the babies cry......
In the end though, it was a great experience. The movie was enjoyable and Ace loved it so much he cannot stop singing,"Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're a part of a team..."

Hahahahah.... drove me crazy! Only thing was that I wish we could have also gotten a ticket for Max and we could watch together as a family...

Previous Post: Posh Paws Petting Zoo Visit

No comments: