Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ace and Lele

Me and my Mediacorp "Sisters" were supposed to meet up. They are my long time ex colleagues from mediacorp and I dunno why or how but we have stayed close and connected all these years after we left and now that everyone has their own family, it is getting a little harder to get connected and meet up....

But everyone give me face and we tried to arrange to meet up at least once during my two week holiday back to Singapore.

KP said she had to babysit her son as her husband is working. I figured it will be easier to babysit him if he has a gor gor go play with. Besides, the last time we visited their place, Ace and Lele had a good time playing together and so I asked Ace if he wanted to come along...

Initially Ace said he wanted to stay home and zzz.. but i told him Lele going to bring LEGO and he immediately changed out of his clothes and put on his shoes, all ready to go with me.. wahahah:)

So while the adults sit down and ate in the next table, the kiddos occupied one table and ate there and played there by themselves:)



It was interesting to observe them though:
  • Noticed that both boys who are the only child in the family enjoyed playing together. BUT their idea of playing together is you make your own thing and I make my own thing. They were pretty much happy to self entertain and just chat while they were building their things and play make believe together for a short while after that. Very different from my idea of playing together where we will BUILD SOMETHING TOGETHER.
  • I think Lele was happy to have a gor gor and Ace was happy to have a didi to play with. Cos after a while when they got tired of the lego, they held hands and ran together to playground outside the foodcourt to play together and it seemed they had such a wonderful time:)

    KP asked me if Ace minded holding hands and i told him it is a norm to hold hands in our family and so Ace just naturally held Lele's hands and took the role of the big brother watching out for the younger kid. KP said that as Lele is used to holding hands, when he tried to hold hands with some older children, they sometimes will pull back their hand and look uneasy...
  • Both were happy to get a chance to exert their independence. Because Ace was around, LL got a chance to go toilet without his parents and Ace got to bring a didi to toilet. Very proud of them both!:)
We also had a good time chatting and catching up. I wish we had more time but as they say, ZHI ZU CHANG LE... I guess I should be contented that I have at least one session with them:)

Apparently, LL had such a great time that day that he asked his mum when is Ace gor gor going to meet up and play with him again:) When I told Ace, he smiled and said he will like to meet up again next trip :)  I am glad that our children have become good friends too :) Now have to wait for the younger ones to grow up a little more to join the club.

Previous Post: Valentine's Day In Singapore

No comments: