Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Civic Minded Ace

Does Ace look good in my PINK apron?:P Wahahaa.. He says he doesnt want to dirty his clothes and always uses my pink apron when he washes the dishes now:)

My little boy has been obsessed with cleanliness recently.

While he was in toilet, he and another friend, L, were so disgusted with the state of the boy's toilet in school, they used part of their playtime (the most important time to him in the whole wide world) to help clean the toilet up on their own without any instruction from any teacher...

When I asked him why he did that and asked if he did it because his teacher said so or his friend said to do so, he said "I wanted to clean the toilet because I want it to be clean. It was disgusting, mummy. There was toilet paper on the floor everywhere.. I think the toilet cleaner must be the happiest that we helped to clean up..."

Wah.. impresssive leh... so I gave him a high five for a job well done..

The next day, he said he helped to clean the art room.

This time though is because the Teacher said if they do not clean up the art room, they will ALL not be given any playtime...

Play time is like the most important part of his school life and the thought of no PLAY TIME was just absolutely HORRIBLE!


So he helped to clean up lor...

But he complained to me... "You know, mummy, it is so unfair. Even though the teacher said there is no play time if we do not keep the art room, there were some people who still did not help and in the end when the art room is clean, they got their play time anyway..."

Well, life IS like that one lor... I told him the most impt thing is whether WE want the playtime and if we do, WE DO WHAT IT TAKES.. nevermind what the others do lah :)

I just wished though, that Ace paid more attention to cleanliness and tidiness at home :)

PS: We just bought him a little drawer and a vegetable rack with wheels for him to keep all his barang and now his study desk looks much neater. Next will be to de-clutter his toy desk and toy drawers!

PPS: He has been helping to wash the dishes lately to earn money.. SHIOK AH!:) But hor, he only wash plates, cutlery and cups.. never wash my pots and pans! Hahahaha... Must train him to do that next!


Previous Post: I Am Like Old Man Now

No comments: