Monday, June 13, 2016

Grand Day Out

It is not everyday that we get to have some time to go out together.. just the two of us.. Most of the time it is for mundane stuff like going to guitar or tuition... But this holiday, we got a chance to just spend the day outside by ourselves... thanks to Ace's Ace Bear...

We made the bear when we were living in Dubai and somehow when we returned home, the seam of the bear came out. I tried to sew it back but the thread I had at home was too thin.. I tried to ask for the thread at the shop but they said I have to bring the bear back for them to sew it...

So I put it aside and forgot about it.. till recently, I thought I better get it done before I forget about the bear totally!

So the other day, after his Robotics Workshop, we made our way to the Build A Bear Workshop to get the bear fixed:)

After his workshop, I asked Ace what lunch he wanted... and he suggested that we go eat spaghetti... I was REALLY surprised because he doesnt usually choose to eat that if he has a choice... When I asked him which spaghetti he had in mind, I was again surprised that he was referring to "That place we went with Phoebe and Ganma Karen..." because he has never asked to go to that place before.

Though it was not exactly on the way... I decide that I will give in to his request.. so we took a bus down to Suntec to eat "SPAGHETTI".... before we made our way to Orchard to get the bear fixed:)


Only, once we reached Pepperoni, Ace decided that he would like to order a PIZZA for his kids meal instead....


I ordered a spaghetti but could not finish and so gave him some... He has good appetite these days I must say!

As we were walking to the MRT station, I saw this sign and told Ace to take a photo of me and the Hello Kitty sign... he ended up taking picture of my shoes lah.. this and that.. ANYTHING BUT A PICTURE OF ME... sigh... After taking many pics.. seems like this is the ONLY pic of me and the sign... and he was giggling away...

So I told him.. rather than let him take for me.. I shall TRUST MYSELF and selfie instead:) hahahaha... THis is me trying to selfie with him... I give up...


We walked around abit and I was amazed at the stuff they sold in shopping mall these days... SG50 really left a mark.. so many SG related stuff...

Anyway, at this interesting shop, we saw CARDBOARD table soccer game.. looks so cool...

Price is not so cool though..

Anyway, once we started playing with it... we decided it is a bad idea. It is too light and the table keeps moving as you play with it...

We made our way to Plaza Sing and I am glad we came cos I finally kept my promise to bring Ace to Hemley's. When they first opened in Singapore, Ace was very excited to visit because we had such fond memories of it in Dubai. We used to visit every 1-2 weeks and they have held so many interesting activities such as Easter Egg Hunts, Smurf Colouring Workshops there.... so Ace kept asking me to bring him to the one in Singapore....

Alas, the one in Singapore is very sad compared to Dubai. It is not only smaller but the toy selection is smaller as well.... and most importantly, Dubai always has those fun gor gor and jie jie who will demo the toys and play with the children and Singapore doesnt... so it just does not feel the same...

After browsing around in Hemleys , we went to search for the Build A Bear Workshop ..... And we walked in and I explained that my bear's seams opened up and asked if they can add cotton and sew it up again..

Ace kept walking away... and I kept asking him to go forward to tell Jie JIe in the shop whether the bear is fluffy enough... But he kept walking away.. It took me a while to realize that he might have been self conscious about liking soft toy bears at age 11...

Anyway, we got the bear fixed and Ace was very happy and declared that Ace Bear can go to bed with him tonight:)

While waiting for the bear to be fixed, we were playing around with the idea of buying an outfit for his bear.. but hor, I realized that the outfits sold cost more than his bear lor!!! So we gave up the idea..


Anyway, I saw someone who made this for their daughter... something that looked similar to this..

And I remarked to Ace that the shop is very clever Bears only have two legs and so only need to buy two shoes. In doing this, parents are forced to buy 4 shoes:) hahahhaa....

We realized there is some sort of Finding Dory Activity corner and went to take a look.. since it is free, we decided to queue up to make our own DORY/NEMO keychain:)


Ace chose NEMO...

And I chose DORY...

We had to colour with magic ink.... WHile coloring, we saw Lele and his mum! Small world.. we always meet them everywhere we go... likely it is because Ace and Lele have very similar preferences:)

After some time.. we finally completed our colouring!



Ace adding his finishing touches...

Then we took it to be BAKED... and a young man will fix the keychain for us...

Our finished product:)

Then we went to try out this 3D thingy... you get to be like in the ocean and see dolphins swim around... I tot we were going to see Nemo or Dory...


THen there was  a section for you to play memory games...

And another section for photo taking..


THere was another 4D photo taking thingy... but you had to spend there to do it...

So we did not do it.

Ace said he wanted to go find Lele and  so we did...  the boys spent time together playing in one corner of the supermarket while the mums went supermarket shopping and chatted...

When we were done shopping, we found a receipt and realized the amount would allow us to do the 4D photo and we decided to go take a photo together!:)

Ace says he was punching the shark....

Then it was time to go home.. But Max told me to settle dinner ourselves.. and so I decided to give Annie godma a beep to see if she is free to dinner with us... And she was... so we went over to meet her cos she had just placed an order for her dinner at a Korean restaurant...

Saw these swings on the way to the restaurant and decided to have some fun sitting on the swing...

We had a great time eating and chatting and even adjourned to another restaurant for desserts...


The mini cheesecakes that were so popular once upon a time... Ace was excited to see on the box that they were available at Bedok Mall but when we reached Bedok and realized they are no longer there, he was a little disappointed:)

But the hokkaido ice cream was to die for!:) yums!

And that was the end of our very interesting day out together:)

Previous Post:  Faire Un Voyage Charity Run

No comments: