Monday, October 17, 2005

Can Ace Recognize You?

If you have been playing often with Ace, let me assure you that Ace is starting to recognize you now…

Ace does not just recognize Daddy (he beams ever so sweetly whenever daddy kisses him and he will try to kiss daddy back) and mummy. He also recognizes close friends and family who carry him or play with him often.

My parents visit me everyday to deliver home-cooked lunch to me. (Yes, I have such loving and doting parents!) Everyday when they are here, Dad will talk to Ace and Mum will carry him for like 5 minutes.

The other day, my mum was having flu and so when she came, she did not carry Ace. Ace looked expectantly at her and when she said, “Wai Po can’t carry you today, I got flu..” And then Ace started looking at her with the M-shaped mouth look and he started to look as if he was going to cry…”

My mum’s heart softened and she told Ace, “Don’t look at Wai Po like that leh… I really can’t carry you..”

And the more she explained, the more M shaped Ace’s mouth became and the sadder he looked.

Much as she was upset then, my mum was really proud and happy. She went home and declared to my sis that Ace can recognize her.

Then the other day, father-in-law came visiting. He sees Ace like once a week only. In order not to disturb his session with Ace (you know he loves Ace so much), me and Daddy (who was sending me lunch) sat far far away because we both knew that Ace recognized us and would want to play with us if we went near.

But alas, Ace has very good eyesight. He just stared very hard at me.. then at Daddy.. and back at me again… and he had the expression that said, “Hey, why aren’t the two of you playing with me??!!”

Only when father-in-law kept talking to him did he start to play with him happily.

The other day when Max brought him to the Hub (office on top of my café) and I was at my other office doing work. So we brought some expressed breast milk to feed him. When Shah Khim, one of our friends, volunteered to feed him, he refused.

I guess it was cos it was like only the second time he has met her.

Jez Ah Ma took over and since she sees him almost every other day and always plays with him, he allowed her to feed him.

Even Zhenyuan says that Ace seems to always give a special smile to the people he knows when he meets them for the first time in the day...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that he wouldn't start crying once daddy and me are not around....

3 comments:

Clatzz said...

ace should recignise me oso hor...
he let me feed him... muahaha...

<*ANGEL*> said...

Do you think he will recognize PPG and start CRYING again when he sees her???:P haahhaha

Clatzz said...

hahaha... he will remember this is the AUNTY with long hair that looks like momo who pinched me!!!

oh ya, power, fyi, ace SMILED at EQ leh... he only cry wen he sees u!!!