Friday, October 14, 2005

Grandpa goes strolling along

If you visit me at my house at around 3,4pm in the afternoon, a strange sight will behold you.

Around my neighbourhood, there are many GRANDADs who would stroll their grandchildren around in strollers in the afternoon. It is like their afternoon walk or something.

My dad does the same thing to Ace. The only difference is that he strolls around in the house. From the living room to sis’s room, to my room, to master bedroom, to living room again and the cycle repeats itself.

Mum says that is dad’s extra exercise and I think dad is secretly happy to do it too.

I must say I really admire both my parent’s patience when playing with Ace.

Especially my dad.

My dad can sit beside Ace and talk to him in baby language for hours. Basically, it is always the same few sounds and same games that they play. My dad can do it EVERY SINGLE DAY okay.

That day, I asked my dad, “Daddy, you not bored when you make the same sounds and talk to Ace everyday meh? You keep doing the same things only.. not boring meh?” (Actually, I asked because I was afraid Daddy would be sick of helping me take care of Ace because I was sick for a few days and very reliant on him to help with the care of Ace).

And what was Daddy’s answer?

He turned to Ace, made the silly grin face and said in a high pitched cutsey baby voice, “Of course not lah. Grandpa will never be tired of playing with Ace, right?” and then he did some silly imitation of a pigs snorting sound (Ace’s favourite).

It then hit me that my father must really love me a lot to love my son so much.

Gee, the power of the love…

2 comments:

Clatzz said...

yeah, daddy's fav activity... zeh chia chia (hokkien)...

<*ANGEL*> said...

hahahaahahahahah