Monday, April 03, 2006

Do You Want Mummy To Go To Work?


Yesterday, an old friend of mine called up to tell me that they are looking for editors for Mediacorp Publishing's website.

"You are the first person I tot of..." he said.

Well, I used to work in Mediacorp and am familiar somewhat with the people there and I am familiar with the internet cos I was working as a writer for the website for about two years....

After I put down the phone, I started thinking about whether I should get back to work...

Just before I got pregnant with Ace, I had wanted to find a job... I tot it would be a good way to get in touch with some new people and build a new network of friends... and then I got pregnant...

Yes yes.. i run my own biz and have my own cafe :) Extra income will be nice though.... cos the company I am working with will be going listed early next year... have to earn and keep as much hard cash as i can...dun ai wan.. wait offered the stocks but no $$ to buy ALL tat is offered...

Anywayz, it got me thinking about whether to go back to work... and then I turned to Ace and asked him, "Ace, mummy go to work ok? If I go to work, I will not be able to play with you, teach you things, sing to you and carry you already.. do you want me to go back to work?"

And Ace shook his head.

I tot I was lucky and so I asked him again.. "Baobei, do you want mummy to go and work?"

And miracles of miracles, he started doing the hand sign for NO that I have been teaching him for the past few weeks!

After that, whenever I asked him about working.. he would look sad...

Anywayz, when I think of the fact that I have to be away from him for many hours a day, it makes me feel like I really cannot bear to do tat to him... so today, I have been spending my whole day playing with him... I think he hasnt had tat much attention from me in a long time.. hahahha ;)

Well, I havent quite decided yet.. we will see how it goes.. i kind of sent in my resume for some time liao.. no reply.. maybe the company has other plans.. well, i think the tot if tat made me cherish him a little more and made me realize how much I love spending time with Ace ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how u'll feel if u start work... i miss waden so much on my 1st day of work... hehe

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hi Jerome,

THanks.. yeap.. http://hutdugaikarsui.blogspot.com is my fren mah ;)

Hehehe.. i am probably going to stay at home in the end... tat job is cos my fren asked me to help.. so fo du you yuan ren bah...

PPG: Well, we took tat while waiting for doc.. tat day clinic very crowded.. this is the best photo liao.. the rest he looked even more bored.. hahahah