Friday, April 21, 2006

Like Dat Also Can!

Like Dat Also Can!

That's a singlish phrase by the way.. it comes from the chinese phrase "这样也可以"... Loosely translate to english, it means something along the lines of "it is incredible that this person is doing this!"

Take a look at this picture.. yeap, tat's my boy waking to ask for milk and falling asleep before he got it. Have you seen babies sleeping like these??? Like tat also can.. sigh...

Well, you must have already known about the 'wars' we had with Ace in order to break his night feed habit.

I think me and Daddy kind of raise our white flags liao.

I really do not understand why Ace is like this. Other babies only need 4 days of training and they will stop wanting to feed at night. Ace will not stop crying and will not sleep until he gets his milk and he never seems to get tired.. he just tries and tries and tries...

While I agree that people who are persistence will certainly succeed... I really wish he were not so persistence in this particular case.. Me and Daddy have taken to taken turns to 'akido' with him at night but he just doesnt stop.. and it has been two weeks already!?

How to fight? He takes afternoon naps, evening naps and does nothing but drink, eat and play.. and we have to do housework, run biz, go to work etc...

I dunno if it is cos he is very tall and huge for his age that he keeps getting hungry. I already feed him a very HUGE bottle of milk every nite at 12 plus liao leh... and I do give him a feeding at 5-6am cos my mum says I shouldnt skip tat feeding... But he just cannot seem to wait till 5am.. and would keep waking at 3.30 to fight the war till I give in at 4.45 or 5am...

The worst thing is.. after tat.. cos he has been awake so long, he will usually play and talk loudly in his playpen for another 30-60min before he sleeps.. During this time, he will talk to himself.. talk to lighting, talk to the fan.. and this means I get to sleep like 2 hrs, wake to 'fight war" for another 2 hours and sleep 3-4 hours. Can die I tell you... I wouldnt still be alive if I were not taking Indinine...

The other day, I dreamt that he wanted milk and so I fed him.. and then I suddenly realize that I am not dreaming but am really feeding him. After a short feed.. he slept peacefully till 9am in the morning.

This really makes me wonder if it is better that I just feed him when he wants it or is it better to continue to fight the war with him.

"Why take it so hard?" Daddy ask me... "Just feed and we both have a better night's sleep..." he says...

But if I give in now.. feels like all my effort go down the drain.... BUT IT IS SO MUCH EASIER TO FEED HIM! I dun even have to wake cos nowadays he will wake and climb up to my bed and I just need to use sub concious mind to undo my bra and he will do the rest!

Arghh... Ace, why cant you just sleep through the night???????

(PS: See.. like that he also can sleep..hahhaa)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haa..haa...he is so cute. Nice butt. Hello Ace, good bye JLo.

P.S I enjoyed seeing him tonite and of course the mommy and daddy too. Nice evening.

Clatzz said...

dun waste ur efforts!! im sure u n max are greater persuation master than ace... aft all, he prob inherit his from both of u... hee...

okok... ah yee will go record a subconcious tape for ace to sleep throughout the night... haha

<*ANGEL*> said...

Well, diff babies are diff.. diff mothers offer diff advice also... so I think just go with the flow bah :)