Saturday, June 24, 2006

No More Nen Nen!


Thanks to my mother, Ace has stopped wanting breast milk!!! Yes, have officially weaned Ace off breast milk as per my plan to do so when Ace turns one year old!

Though I expressed milk when I was at holiday cos I dun want to engorge and then feel shitty during my holiday.. I just expressed lesser and lesser each day....

When I came home, my mum told me that she has already trained Ace to:
1) Drink from milk bottle onli
2) hold his own milk bottle
3) drink at specific timings and not ask for milk all the time
4) Sleep early

So I just happily feed him formula.. the good news is I also never express my milk BUT my breasts never engorged.. they just decided to co-operate and has stayed soft till today! Yay! I am so happy.. i was so worried about how to wean but it all turned out to be a breeze! Thanks to my mum!

It is quite nice to have a well trained baby who:
- doesn’t fidget for milk in the car
- who sleeps early without us trying so hard to make him sleep
- and now sleeps through the nite till morning, only waking at 6 or 7am for milk..

Initially I couldnt quite get used to waking and making milk.. found it to be such a hassle.. but since he is able to wake at 6,7am, it is not that bad.. at least I am kind of awake.. these days.. I just auto walk into the kitchen, boil water, pour water in, put powder in, shake, go back to the room.. and feed ;) It really is a lot easier than feeding 1000 times throughout the day as and when he likes it...

It is really something worth celebrating.. so I happily told fellow mum, Ivy, whose son, Denzel is 2 mths younger than Ace tat I have managed to wean Ace and she is envious.. cos she sayz Denzel will refuse to drink bottled milk and cry and cry and after one hour.. she will just give in.. i suggested tat she go for a holiday as well.. hiak hiak.. ;)

Now, I just need to find another way to bond with Ace...

PS: I love you, Mum!! Thanks for your help!

No comments: