Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This is more important than MILK!


As you know, Ace is the kind of baby who would not cry unless:
- he is asking for milk
- he wants to sleep
- he really hurt himself...

Other than that.. he usually dun kick up a fuss.. though occasionally he will suffer from seperation anxiety and cry when I leave him at Waipo's house and go out...

But I have discovered something that is MORE IMPORTANT than MILK to Ace: TV ADS! (BTW, tat's Ace how Ace looks like when he is engrossed with TV ads..)

Yes, Ace loves to watch TV Ads. While I was initially strict about not letting Ace watch TV, it has come to a point where I would imagine a imaginary shield covering his eyes when I sit down to view my favourite Da Chang Jin and I sheepishly continue to watch.. hahaha...

Initially, he would watch along happily with me.. but over time, he got bored and as his attention span was short, he developed a love for Advertisements.

You could watch anything on TV and he wouldnt give a dime... but come TV Ad time, he will push you out of the way just to get a glimpse of the ad and his eyes will not even blink!

Mummy says it is this is because Ads are short and becuase Ads are repeated, babies love them. This is because babies and children do not like things that are completely new. When something is introduced to them for a few times, they will remember some parts of it and it will intrigue them .. but when they are so familiar that they know everything inside out, they will lose interest...

I think this is quite true.. few weeks ago, we were watching Toy Story 1 together with Ace and he couldnt be bothered. But last week, when we watched Toy Story 2 with him, because he had already been exposed to it, he managed to watch for 30 min and even laughed along with us when it came to the funny bits!

What is amazing is tat TV Ads are more important to Ace then milk cos he can be drinking halfway and once the Ads come on, he will stop and watch, only to continue sucking when the ads end...

The other day, I left him at Waipo's house because I was going for a meeting. As I was locking the door, he crawled his way to the door and then he cried loudly and didn't want me to leave. At that precise moment, a TV ad came on (he was back facing the TV okie) and somehow he just knew that and turned around to stare at the ad.. and so I left and he has clean forgotten about Mummy..

See.. tv ad even more impt than me.. sigh...

Well, Maybe mediacorp should consider making short ads that are good for children.. eg.. teach them manners and stuff... hhahaha

2 comments:

Monky said...

my momo also said i luv to watch TV ads when i was young...When I just barely 2..n tat time Fei Siang was very popular..everytime he appear on Tv..i will call out "mummy!!u see..ah siang,ah siang ah"..hahaha...din know i luv handsome guys when i was sooooo young :p

but nowadays children ,they r simply amazing...

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hahahahaha... so Fei Xiang is your FIRST IDOL?????