Sunday, November 11, 2007

Let's Go SWIMMING!

I promised Ace before Daddy left that I would bring him swimming once every one or two weeks.

On the first week that Daddy left, I was quite bz.. PLUS da yi ma came to visit me.. and so I did not bring Ace swimming.

Eager to keep my promise, I brought him swimming on the second week one day mid noon. It was really quite warm and initially I decided to warm up at the baby pool. Ace had no qualms about walking into the pool and stood and played there happily.

After a while, I brought him over to the kid's pool and he started to cry the moment I brought him deeper into the water and during this time, he would call out, "Papa... Papa... Papa...."

The interesting thing is this. Right after we are done with swimming, Ace told me, "Mama.. Mac Donalds..."

So I told him that because it is past breakfast time, there is nothing he can eat there since we are vegeterians and I dun allow him to eat french fries yet. Besides, Waigong has already cooked lunch. "So we go home and eat the very delicious lunch that Waigong has prepared for you... OK?"

"OK!" Ace agreed happily.

Once we put on our clothes and started walking home, he tried to pull me to a different direction.

"Where do you want to go, Ace?" I asked him.

"Mac donalds!"

"But we agreed to go home right? I bring you to mac donalds another day.. ok?"

"OK!" And he happily continued to walk.

Ah Yee says though that she is somewhat amused by the fact that Mac Donalds is the CLEAREST and MOST OFTEN repeated three syllabus phrase used by Ace.

I think they really do very good marketing lor. Everytime he goes there, he gets a balloon. Everytime he goes there, it is like a treat for him.

Anyway, both me and Ace got darker after the swim. I shall wake up earlier so that we can go before the afternoon sun hits the water... then at least it would not be so warm.

Previous Post: Da Bian

No comments: