Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Market Adventure

Since I had to spend so much time with Ace, I thought I better come up with some goods ideas about where to bring him and what to do.

The other day, I felt a sudden craving for Mee Siam. So after Ace's Hi-5 programme, I asked him if he wanted to go to market and he said,"YES!"

And so me, Laoma and him ventured out to go market to buy mee siam.

The moment I stepped out of the house though, he started to say, "Mama, bao bao..." and so I told him that he is a big boy and that if he wanted to go out with me, he has to go down the stairs himself. If he doesn't walk himself, then we will stay at home.

In the end, after much cajoling, he slowly walked down a few flight of stairs and now that he has much better stamina, we managed to make our way from the house to the market without me having to carry him at all! ;)

When we reached the market, he was so excited. That's because he saw his favourite motorbike game. He gamely climbed up himself and started to pretend that he is riding a bike. At that moment, a gust of wind blew over and he really looked kind of cool. (Note: do not put in any money because once he bike REALLY starts moving, he will start to cry and want to come down.)

"That's enough, Ace..." and so we walked forward... he saw a car and promptly climbed in...

Anyway, after that, we looked around at the vegetables, fruits, the pets and worms sold at the pet shop...

By the time we reached the Mee Siam stall, I was already very tired though.

So after we bought the mee siam, I asked Ace to carry the packet for me and so he walked home happily with that packet in his arm.

I must say Ace is really a very responsible and helpful young boy ;) Midway into the journey, even though I could tell he is really tired, he still used his milk-drinking strength to continue to hold on to that packet of mee siam.

When we finally reached home though, I put the mee siam one side thinking that I would eat it later. But I think Ace thought the mee siam was for him as well and so he came to me and said, "Mama.. ahm.. ahm..." which meant that he wanted to eat the mee siam.

So I took the mee siam out and divided it into two portions because Laoma said she did not want any.

The very thoughtful Ace quickly took one spoonful of mee siam, went to laoma and told her, "Mama, ahm!" As if saying that "We all went together to get this. We should all be rewarded equally by eating this..."

Anyway, he was actually quite full that day so after about one mouthful, he started playing with his food already..

Still, it was better than sitting at home and just watching TV ;)

Previous Post: Kok!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats my fine boy! I am so proud of you! :)

And i am so proud of my Angel who has done a great job guiding him along. :)