Saturday, November 03, 2007

Understanding Your Child

Today, I was woke by the sounds of Ace crying... and while he cried, he kept saying, "da bian, da bian..."

But as I was too tired and I was aware that Waigong, Waipo and Zhen Popo were all fussing over him, I continued my beauty sleep.

Finally, they just could not handle him anymore and brought him to my room. Apparently, Ace wanted to poot but could not do so and so they asked me to help him wear his diapers so that he can poot in the diapers when he is ready.

I put on Ace's diapers for him and after that, no matter what I did, he was still whiny. He just kept crying out, "Da bian da bian..." and he would quieten down a little while and then he would start whining again and started to cry.

Now, after so many POV trainings, I know that everything that your child (or any human being) does is just either a call for love or an expression of love.

I hugged Ace and tried to connect to his heart and then he started to cry very sadly and call for, "Papa... papa..."

When I really got connected with him, I understood the source of his pain.

On the surface, it seemed as if he had tummy trouble. And initially, I just put on some ru yi you for him to sooth his tummy. My mum said that he told them that he wanted to 'da bian' and so they let him sit on the tam pui. But after a long time, only one small ball came out. So they let him try sit on the toilet bowl but nothing came out after a long time. So my mum used toilet paper, cleaned his buttocks and told him to wear his pants..

"And then he started to cry and I asked him why and he told me, 'xi pi gu..' and so I washed for him lor.." my mum told me.

But Jeff Allen, my teacher told us before that all physical problems are psychological problems and that was why I hugged him close and told him that I understood his sadness. I did not ask him to stop crying as i wanted him to express his sadness. I just told him that I understood his sadness and that I loved him.

When I got connected, I realised that he may have felt lonely or maybe a little abandoned cos I was out since 2.30pm yesterday and did not come home till 12 mid night. By then he was already sleeping. To make matters worse, I did not sleep in my bedroom but in Ah Yee's room with the door closed.

So when he woke up, he thought I was not at home. I guess he missed me + this week, Daddy doesnt have skype access and much phone access so in the past 4 days, he only spoke to Daddy once even though we did another visualization of taking the airplane to visit Daddy and have fun with Daddy for one full day.

So I apologized to him and explained that i was busy yesterday. I told him what I was doing the whole day and explained that even though I was away, I was thinking of him and I love him no matter what and that even though he doesnt see Daddy, Daddy still loves him. Then I told him how Daddy smsed me last night and told me that he really loves me and loves Ace very much.

And then I just hugged him.

He quietened down immediately and suddenly, he started saying, "Da bian da bian" again. This time, there is a familiar stench in the air and I knew that his shit is out.

"Want to xi pi gu or not?"

"Dun want.."

So I knew he was not done yet and respected his wishes. "Tell me when you are done ok..." After a while of bending over and lying his head on my lap, he pulled my hand and said, "Tiao wu, chang ge" (Dancing and singing) which indicated he wanted me to sing so tat we can dance together.

So we sang a short song together and because I took this as a cue that he has finished shitting, I brought him to take his bath.

After his bath, he looks like a completely changed person. He is now full of smiles and Waipo said she will bring him to buy new shoes so he happily shansho and wave bye bye and went out.

What a boy! :) hahaha....

Previous Post: Sitting Down

No comments: