Monday, February 02, 2009

5 More Minuites







Never do anything you do not want your children to do... that is the only advice I can give parents who are exesperated by their children.. because what goes around, comes around.. what ever you do, your children will SURE follow... that's because your children will NEVER follow what you tell them, they only follow what you DO!

I know it is hard to accept and it is rather sad. Sometimes I look at the part of Ace I dun like and I find myself to be quite a terrible person.. the good news is, the contrary holds true as well so when he is nice, warm, caring and kind, I am reminded of what a good person I am as well.

Anyway, I am a procrastinator... when I am sleeping and Max wakes me up to do something, I always put my hands up and make a "5 more min" sort of sign.. and then I will doze another 5 min, then finally wake to do watever i am needed to do. Because of this, my very smart hubby always factors this in when he plans to go out early in the morning...

I never expected though, that my son would pick up this habit so fast from me... early in the morning when you wake him up for school, he shows you the "5 more min" sign...

The other day, we brought Ace to visit his godma and when he went home, he saw the playground and said he wanted to play at the playground... we told him that he is only given 5 min and alas, after 5 min, he wanted to play somemore. Usually he would be happy if we gave him 5 min but that they, he had to make lots of noise.

And then he started stamping his feet and crying and did the "5 min more" sign. So Daddy gave him 2 more min... when it was time to go, he started to cry and did the "5 more min" sign again.. and then all the way from the playground till the carpark, he kept crying and doing that sign until Daddy asked him... "Give you two choice, you go back to the playground now, I will NEVER bring you to IKEA playground... you go home now, next time I bring you to IKEA playground..."


He decided tat it is more wu hua to go IKEA playground and so, he finally stopped crying.

Then in the car, he asked me, "Mummy, where are we going?" "We are going home.."

Not wanting to give up his playground idea, he tried to use persuasion on me... "Mummy? Are we going Ace's house? Ace house got playground right? Can I play at Ace's house playground? I want to play at the playground... Ace house got playground right? Can I play at Ace's house playground?"

Well, in the end, it was a win-win situation lah... Ace agreed to go home and Daddy agreed to bath with him and play with water together lor..
Previous Post: Boowa and Kwala

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no wonder my son also likes to "lai chuang" after he wakes ...OMG!!HAHAHA

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hahahaha.. then you cannot scold him cos he also lai chuang LIKE YOU onli.. hahaha