Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Escapades In School



Nowadays, conversations about what happens in school is getting to be a little bit more exciting.

Last time, whenever you ask him about what happened in school, Ace would always say something like, "I bang Michael Phua's toys and Michael Phua bang my toys..."

And everyday, you get more or less of the same answer.

The other day, Daddy noticed a scratch on his face and asked Ace about it, then realized that our son got into a fight with his friend in school! Hahaha... I am not quite sure how the conversation went about but according to Daddy, he asked Ace why there was a scratch on his face and from his reply, he realized that Ace and his best friend, Edmund, were fighting over the same toys.. so Edmund scratched him and left a mark.

Alas, Ace is not at all angry at his friend and still became best friends with Edmund a short while later.

The other day before bedtime, we had a really interesting conversation...

It started with me asking him about his teachers. "Do you like Teacher Erica?" "Yes.."
"Do you like Zhao laoshi?" "No..."

"Why not?"

"Because she is a naughty girl..."

"Why is she a naughty girl?"

"I don't like her.. she angry with me... "

"How do you know she is angry with you?"

"She scold me and she take away my homework.. and I cry cry cry..."

"Are you still angry with her?"

And he nodded his head.

Turned out that during his lesson time, he was playing with his friend so hard that he did not want to do his homework. So his teacher got angry and scolded them both and threatened to take away their homework since they do not want to do it and so Ace felt very upset that he would not have a chance to do his homework and cried.

Sadly, he bears grudge over this. Now a week later, when I asked him if he has forgiven his teacher, he still says he is angry. I think I shall give him a prep talk about how his teacher loves him and how he should love her and forgive her.

Still, I think sometimes it depends on the people involved as well. Teacher Toh who was Ace's teacher last year is very firm with Ace and scolds him sometimes but still Ace loves her and never complains about her and is only all praises for her. Even now he keeps talking about Teacher Toh this, teacher toh that...

The only one thing I am concerned is that this does not affect his interest in the Chinese Language as I noticed that he is usually more grumpy during the chinese session of his trilingual lessons at LNT. I know it is not because of the teacher.. cos he likes Teacher Ivy and so I suspect he doesnt like Chinese as much as the English language. I know how teachers make a difference to whether a student likes a subject and I can only pray he will be blessed with good teachers all his life.. LIKE ME :)

PS: I mean blessed like me to have many good teachers.. not tat I am a good teacher.. haha..

PPS: The next few days, I gave him a repeated prep talk about how much his teachers love him and even though scolding someone is not a good way to show love, that was the way that the teacher learnt how to show love... and then one day, when he was happily eating a chupppa chups orange flavour (his favourite) sweet, I started asking a few simple question for some small yeses as answers and finally, I asked him if he would forgive his teacher and he said yes.. You see, persuasion is easy work.. hahahahaha

Now he loves her to bits and even tells us that Zhao Laoshi taught him how to cook rice in school.
Previous Post: Ace Knows How To Bargain

No comments: