Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ah Yee's Airplane



When Ah Yee asked Ace what he wanted for Xmas, Ace said he wanted an Aeroplane.

So Ah Yee really bought him an Aeroplane and almost 4 months later, (The plane had to sit on a ship to come here), the toy plane finally arrived together with a doctor's set for Net Net's niece.

Alas, by then, Ace had already outgrown the aeroplane phase into the doctor's phase and so he kept asking me who was the other toy for. I told him the toy was for Net Net's niece and that the doctor's toy was for small children. As he is a big boy, he gets the aeroplane.


I told Ah Yee about it and Ah Yee said his aeroplane was actually 3 times more expensive. But Max says Ace does not yet have the concept of expensive or cheap.


But still he really likes his aeroplane lah. And so everynow and then he would assemble it and then we would put passengers in it. It only comes with a pilot and a female co pilot so we use his Cheesedale eraser (we call him Mr Cheese), Spongebob eraser, the Minnie Mouse that KP bought for me, the piggie torchlight (Mr Pig) as other extra passengers.

And Ace would happily declare that his plane was flying to Hong Kong, France, Dubai.. and all the countries that he has heard before... he even told me he was going to Tokyo Disneyland! Gosh!

Anyway, after a few times of playing with the aeroplane, he got a little tired of it and started to be really interested in the doctor set again. Since I told him it was for small children, he asked me, "Mummy, can you ask Ah Yee to buy me doctor set for big boys for four years old?"

So I reminded him that he already has two sets of the doctor's set at Yeye's house. I guess he is just intrigued cos this set has got this trolley like thingy for you to push all the doctor's equipment around. I know how children are fascinated with trolleys since me and sis can play none stop with my mum's trolley whenever she cleaned the kitchen.. hahaha...

The trolley can be a dim sum trolley.. or sometimes it can be an aeroplane, or a ship.. it was just lots of fun!

Alas, even when I went to Toys R Us, I cannot find any similar toy.. Well, I guess he will probably outgrow this phase one day as well... If all else fails, he can always use his chair as a trolley as he always has :) Anyway, children have unlimited imagination!

Previous Post: Ace's Wallet


No comments: