Monday, May 18, 2009

Mummy, Tell Me About Magic Flu

Recently, there has been an epidemic. There is a type of flu virus that combined with the pig's flu virus and the virus was initially called Swine Flu. But because alot of people (especially pork suppliers) found this to be offensive, the flu has been renamed Mexican Flu or H1N1..

So the other day, we decided that we will stay at home for the weekend just to keep away from public places for a while.


Ace of course did not want to stay home. "I want to go gai gai..." he said and so I told him about the story of the Mexican flu and explained briefly to him what it was about and how the germs can spread from people to people.


And then at the end of the story, I told him how everyone is worried.. for example, Popo is very worried because Ah Yee is staying in France now where there are people who are being infected and also I suspect cos Ah Yee has gone back to eating meat (even though my mum knows eating pork has nothing to do with swine flu or not).


So Ace nodded his head along the way and was finally pacified.


5min worth of silence later, Ace asked me, "Mummy, can you tell me story about the Magic Flu?"


I tot he meant "Magic Show"..


"What magic show??" I asked him.


"Noo, no magic show... magic flu..."


And finally, I realized he was trying to say MEXICAN FLU!


So I repeated the whole story to him again.


And this time round, Ace asked me. "Mummy, why Ah Yee eat meat?"


"Because it is difficult for Ah Yee to find vegeterian food in France lor.. so she chooses to eat meat instead...."


"Is it if eat meat the germs will come and make you sick, mummy? Can you ask Ah Yee don't eat meat? I don't want Ah Yee to be sick..."


Awww... so sweet......


Previous Post: Ribena Ad

No comments: