Sunday, January 01, 2012

Got Fren From Far Come, Dam Happy AGAIN

I am blessed indeed..

Just a month or so after I arrive in Dubai, 2 close frens whom I have not seen for a while visited me... And now, just another few mths down the road, another good friend of mine comes and visit me together with her family...

Annie is a friend I got to know when i was working part time during my uni holidays:) She used to be my "boss" so to speak and we kept in touch all these while cos she is one of the warmest and most sincere person you can ever meet. She is generous (brought me a voucher to eat Lawry's for my birthday when I told her I never eat before) and sensitive and kind (sent me flowers when my first love broke up with me so that she can cheer me up)

Anyway, since I have had Ace, Annie has been talking about becoming godma to my children but as Ace already has a few godmas.. she said she will be godma to my next child.. But unfortunately, after so many years, there seemed no sign of another child and so leh, Plus ace asked me why Annie can only be Anya's godma and not his and so, we officially made her Ace's godma.. wahahahah:)

Before she came over, she offered to babysit Ace for a night or two so that Max and I can spend some time together... and just so he would be open to the idea of sleeping at someone else's place, I told him tat Annie godma is inviting him over to a sleepover party at her hotel... which got him really excited cos he has been bugging me about having a sleepover at our place for his fren for a long time:)

Anyway, we agreed to pick her and her family up and went to the airport to wait for her. Since the flight is arriving from Singapore, we saw quite a few singaporeans... singaporean radar alert! wahahaha.. our friends here tell me that malaysians and singaporeans are the ONLY people who will walk around in bermudas and slippers here!:)

And after waiting for close to 3 hours (the customs queue was long and not moving)... out comes Annie ganma:) FINALLY!:)

We had wanted to bring them to eat indian dinner but alas, as it was christmas eve eve... the restaurant was fully booked and so we brought them to another one of our fav restaurants nearby called Lan kwai Fong:) Annie said her mum is a duck fan and so we ordered the "best Peking Duck in the middle east"... and I finally got a chance to try... wahhhaha:)


While LKF has very good food, I think the Peking duck is just like roasted duck lor.. it is probably BEST in the UAE because it is the ONLY restaurant tat sells peking duck:) wahahahaha...


Annie, after dinner, we went home to pick up Ace's barang barang because he wanted to start his sleepover party TONIGHT!! And even after a sumptous dinner, he sees the welcome food in the hotel and he still wants to drink more milk!!!


Ace got his pick of the bedrooms to sleep in and he chose the one with the kingsize bed over the queensized one because he rationalized that he needs alot of room when he sleeps as he turns around in all directions and doesnt want to kick his godma as they will be sleeping together.. wahahahaha:) win liao lor!


And he played and played like never ending energizer bunny till 1 plus and still dun sleep.. 2am, very seh liao still insist want to read his book.. I din even know he packed and brought his book along!


I heard he finally zzz after tat... but felt so sorry toward his godma that she had to take care of him till so late when she had just taken a 7 hour flight... But she said it is her usual bedtime anyway and they didnt really need to take care of Ace as he was basically self entertaining himself:)
So while all that is happening, what were me and Max up to? We decided to spend some time together nd Max brought me to this outdoor club.. alas after we got our hands stamped for entry, we found out that the outdoor area is closed cos there was some other event.. bummer..

So we just had a beer while wondering where else to go...

The nicely decorated club.. anyway, after a drink, we decided to move to Rocky's bar near our place...

Max and AC (who was working here) have been telling me about this place and how funny their in house stand up comedian is...

I found out his name is Jaya and unfortunately, most of his gags are in tagalog, this being a Filipino cafe cum pub... But hor, just watching how the other people laughed at his jokes made me want to luff liao lor.. plus when he noticed people from overseas and made a few jokes in english, it was dam funny lor:) The only thing we understood is that when he said, "palapanpan.." then it is time to clap...

And they also had these accompanying dancers who wear very little and danced half heartedly on stage.. waiting for their turn to sing... next to us was a group of drooling men who were drooling over their hot pants revealing legs:) Unfortunately the girls not very chio and only a few of them can sing well...

We stayed on for a few sets but still no sign of Jaya doing any performance and max said the highlight is him singing in both female and male voice...

Anyway, top left photo featured this crazy man.. with long hair dressed in cutsey boots and tights and a polka dotted boxers with a white shirt... wahahahaha.. he was dancing very seductively with (maybe his gay partner) his friend and got stopped by the security guard.. apparently no contact is allowed for same sex dancing..

Right top corner is MEILING.. well, Max and AC call her tat cos she looks chinese.. she packs powerful vocals and really can sing lor!!

Bottom left are typical snacks served in phillipino bars. Very strange right? They serve carrots and cucumbers instead of peanuts here...

Anyway, during one of the breaks, Max went to the toilet and and saw Jaya and told him, "Look i brought my wife today to see you sing.. if you are not singing, we are going home...

Jaya promised to sing and true to his word... he did this for us:)



Anyway, max bought him a drink after tat and we went home after tat happy:)

The nicely decorated photos are taken by Annie.. Annie.. hope you dun mind tat i use them:)

Previous Post: Santa Rewards Ace For Being Brave And Going To The...

No comments: