Saturday, January 14, 2012

Accidental Tourists In Dubai

Remember how we were walking to Dubai Museum from our house to meet our friends and we accidentaly discovered this area that has lots of museum?

Since we had alot of time over the weekend when our friends left, we decided to explore the area a little bit:)

There were actually some shops here but I dunno how they survive cos no customers at all one... I stay here for 5 mths also din know they exist until now!!

But the things they sell quite interesting lah:)


This one looked interesting but was not opened.. but i think cost too much lah.. xiao boh... $18sing to write your name in colourful arabic? i think use GOOGLE translator or wat can liao lor:) wahahahaha...

These are heritage buildings.. i think they were either rebuilt based on the old buildings or preserved buildings.. you see the sokes coming out of the chimmney? that is the ventilation system to keep the houses cool in the desert...


We finally found it! The coin museum that Ace wanted to visit..


Alas it was quite small and not very interesting.. cos it was just a showcase of all the coins used for trade in the region... a tad boring for Ace cos he cannot be bothered to read and admire the coins...

Ace was happiest posing with all the displays:)

But the old time coins very pretty hor.. this one is gold coin:) I think is egyptian coin or wat..



What is in this super old vault?

Lots of GOLD!!!!!

Next we went to this architectural society or something...

These are the stones tat they used to build houses in the past. They either used sand stone or coral stone.. which were hardy and i think keeps the houses cool too:)

The inside of the building looks very nice... reminds me of the places I visited in switzerland:)

The exit was a small alley.. interesting...


This wall that Ace is standing in front of is part of the old wall of dubai.. it is made up of coral stones and defines the dubai city area. I think it was built as a protection as old times people can only use low tech things like walls to protect their countries...


This is the cross section of the remaining part of the wall...

This heritage house is some sort of building a rich man built and donated to use as some sort of photo gallery... inside are all photos taken in old time dubai..mostly at some sort of air base...

I wonder if arabs are very short people cos all their doors in this old building are super small... I let Ace stand there as a reference..


The courtyard is super nice though.... I think would be nice if they opened a cafe here and you talk cock with frens at night by candlelight..

Slightly ang moh feel...


The old time intensils tat they used...

These are wood carvings of the Fahidi Fort... which has now been converted to Dubai Museum... wah.. I feel so like a tour guide.. wahahahaha..

I am not very sure but I think this could be a picture of dubai many many many years ago.... there was no explaination there so I only hazard a guess tat that could be the DUBAI old wall tat we saw just now...

Now you see us, now you dun...

Another super small door.... My experience of arabic people is tat they are usually very tall and big though.. maybe the purpose is so that you will always enter respectfully cos you have to bend your head down like giving a bow...


Guess wat this is?:P

It is a hostel with cafe... reminds me of my Lijiang trip lor... Ah, I so miss Lijiang... We took a sneak peek into the room.. quite nice wor.. and not very ex too:) you guys can consider when you visit me:)


We also discovered an art cafe...

Inside bie you dong tian one lor:)

Got well...

Got paintings.. so nice!


Max knows i like.. he says one day he will bring me here to drink tea.. as we were juicing then, there was nothing to eat or drink here so we just took pics and left...


Then shaoye complained that he is very hungry... so we tried to find a place to sit down, watch the view and let shaoye eat while we have juice:)

Perfect spot by the creek...


Got aeroplane.

Got all sorts of boats...


Got birds...

And got two ah neh taking photos non stop by the creek.. wahahhaa.. I suspect they just arrived in dubai or wat:)

Our juice is here! yums!



Ace asking me his 10 000 whys and I am patiently trying to explain things to him...

Another question.. another explaination... sigh... motherhood...



And then we did bird watching for a while...

While Ace happily ate his french fries...

I actualy started to notice this strange bird.. somehow, while other birds all have two feet flat on the ground, his one leg is always up one.. when I looked closely, I realized that it is a bad leg... i think he is injured or wat....

I salute this Hero Bird lor... while he really only has one leg to support himself... he doesnt really look down on himself or feel despondent.. he is nonchalant about it and just stand on one leg instead lor... fly also the same, eat also the same... Maybe human beings having problems with their life should learn from Hero Bird...



And then hor, I saw a cat by the creek!

When I was eating at a chinese restaurant, i brought home a magazine that had an article talking about cats in dubai. Apparently, according to the article, there are cats who go to the creek to find food every night and i think they stay by the creek.. in fact the article says they can swim one! But I din manage to see this one swim.. hehehehe..

Anyway, after tat, we just dabao a pizza for Ace for his dinner n went home as we were quite tired after such a long walk around the whole creek and old town area... Would like to do this again when I am eating;) hee hee

Previous Post: New Years Eve Party

No comments: