Sunday, July 29, 2012

Camp@HOME National Education Show

As part of the Camp@HOME programme, they children are given the optional choice of attending the NE Show...

On Saturday, all the children were to gather at this building and then they would slowly walk over.. I dropped Ace there and went off to my next appointment...  I made him eat more for lunch and brought him a bread to eat just in case he got hungry even though i knew there were lots of goodies in the NDP bag... cos the next time he will get to eat, I think will be 10 plus...

The children were lucky as the weather was good..

They arrived early and many of them were dressed in red...



Ace told me they were given this scarf in the NDP pack and were asked to stand up and cheer with it...
His favourite, he says is the part where the planes came cos it made the girls so scared that they screamed whenever the very loud planes flew over the parade.. wahahaha:)


Ace says he is not afraid of the fire works at all... he was formerly afraid of fireworks and thinks they are too loud but he says he is no longer afraid..


I dunno to think if the children were lucky or unlucky..the whole parade, the weather was really good... it was cool and breezy and right after the parade ended, it started to rain heavily!

Poor Ace...

And poor me!

When the parade ended, I had just finished dinner with my friends and were about to go over to pick Ace up. Alas, it was raining so heavily! I had no umbrella and was wearing heels lor!

Hai.. in the end, because I was afraid tat Ace might wait too long for me, I heck it and walked to the arranged meeting place i the rain.. By the time I reached... I was totally drenched from head to toe....

Alas, the children took about an hour to reach the meeting place because one of the children got lost and Ace told me later tat the water flooded up to their ankles..

One our later, they finally came back and from being totally drenched, I was already totally dry!

I had wanted to take a cab home but couldnt find any cabs! In the end I had to walk ALL THE WAY back to BUGIS to take a bus! My poor feet!

Anyway, when we reached home, Ace said he was hungry.. so I got him to bath and Popo made him some mee sua to eat before he went to bed. The next morning, he finally woke at 11 am cos he was just so exhausted!

I asked Ace if he wanted to do this again next year and he  says, "Definitely!"

Hahahahaha

Previous Post: Camp@HOME

No comments: