Saturday, July 21, 2012

Expert In Making Anger Go Away



Popo has been having some problems with her english lesson homework and it doesnt help that she has a half fucked teacher who doesnt really mark their homework and tell them where they go wrong..

Before I came back from Dubai for vacation, Ah Yee has been Popo's "tuition teacher"... going through all the work she has done before she hands it in.

And then leh, while I was in Dubai, Popo also complained to me that she missed me so much cos Ah Yee always dun want to help her... (forgetting that when Ah Yee was living in France and she was asking me for help, she always complain tat I am so unhelpful and always shouting at her.. "If it were Q (my sister), she will sure help me nicely without screaming at me..")

So since I have been back, she has always been asking me to help her with her english work. The other day though, while I was out, something happened at home..

Apparently, my dad teased my mum about always being busy with her homework and how she is going to become a "doctor" (as in Dr with a doctorate) already.. and I guess all her worries about failing her exam and her job stress all rushed up in that moment and so she snapped and said something like "No one wants to help me.. have two daughters also no use... ask you all to help me also dun want to help me..."

You see, my mum somehow has this STRONG BELIEF that her exam questions will be the SAME as those given in her homework. As she feels that her composition is the weakest, she keeps insisting that we write her compo for her so that she can memorize for exam.

Me and my sister refused to do it though.. because we feel you dun learn unless you take action to write yourself and number two, how can it be possible tat they give you the exam questions in advance leh???

I advised her to read more but still, she barely has time to do her other things and so, she hasnt been reading much... so my thinking is.. the best advice I can give you, you dun want to follow, then that is the best I can help you lor...

Anyway, her remark about no daughters pissed my sister off lor.. cos the fact is that we both did help her.. perhaps not in the way she wanted but we do always go through her work and mark for her lor...  never once did we NOT go through it when she asked ... even though we might have been very tired then or wat... and not only  she dun appreciate, she just one shot wipe it off her memory...

But I knew my mum was just feeling in-confident of herself and stressed lah... So when my sister told me about it when i came back.. I just laughed it off... but I also understand why my sis is pissed lah.. cos no one likes to be not appreciated mah..

But my mum is like tat one.. she say like cheesecake.. you buy for her she say not nice.. you dun buy she say why you never buy.. you buy again she say another brand nicer.. you buy another brand liao she say actually the first one you buy still nicest.. maybe we dun pay her enough attention and let her know we love her often enough and so this is her way of getting attention from us...

Then hor, a few days later, my mum asked me if I could help her with her homework... because I remembered the incident  my sister told me, I just teased her and said, "Don't want lah.. wait help already someone also say I never help her at all..."

Her face immediately turned black and then she threw her homework one side lor... I told her I was just kidding... if she takes her homework out, I will check for her.. if she doesnt, then dun blame me for not checking cos she is the one who chose not to pass me the homework.. her face is unmoved and so I walked out of the room to do my things..

For a moment I also did not know how to react leh.. hahaha. I realized tat that strategy I used of givng one more chance is one i often use with Ace. But Ace is usually quite compliant... he always takes the chance whenever I offer him the chance... as this is my mother and she is not reacting in the way I expected, I also at loss wat to do..

After about 15 min, I decided to ask my son to go in and ask her again nicely.. to give her second chance and a tai jie to come out and finally she said ok and passed him her homework..

I told Ace he did a good job..."I ask her to pass me her homework and say i am joking she still angry.. you tell her and she ok.."

"I am expert in angry lah mummy..." Ace told me confidently.. "I am expert in making anger go away..."

And then I started laughing.... cos it was really comical the way he said it.. and he is so buay pai seh.. wahahahaha...... and he is saying it seriously as he meant it too! I told him yes I agree he is expert and continued to laugh heartily...

And then he explained to me how he did it... "I said something extra you did not say.. I say Mummy was just talking on the phone with daddy.. so she never notice and so she just joking. she din mean it..."

"I din hear you say tat leh.." i told him..

"Yeah, I din say it out loud.. I say it in my brain and it just connected with Popo's brain..." Ace replied with a ya ya papaya look...

I laughed till I was bent over lor!

This guy is good I tell you!

Hahahahahahahahahahhahaah....

PS: Had a talk with Popo the next day cos she kept showing a black face.. turned out she was upset not with me or Ah Yee but with herself because she felt that she is unable to do all the essays as their topics are all about business corporate stuff or Info tech communication methods.. all are things tat she is not familiar with ... gave her a prep talk and shared with her tat she just take it that she is having a conversation with a friend and imagine she is in that particular situation.. I think she feels much better after tat... she finally completed her exam and lets hope she passes and dun need to show black face to us anymore.. wahahaha..

PPS: Ace on the other hand has been trying to be helpful by teaching Popo how to pronounce her english words properly.. It is so interesting.. when i was young, my mum was the one who taught me english and now tat I am old, I teach my son and my son teaches my mum!:) wahahaha...

Previous Post: Chanting Ace


No comments: