Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Launch of Doc Mc Stuffins

About a week before I was due to be back to Singapore, I was wondering how to arrange some activities for Ace so that he doesnt feel bored...

As i was looking into my email, it was as if my angels had already planned out what to do:) I received an email inviting me and Ace to the launch of a new Disney Junior Cartoon called Doc Mc Stuffins:) Since we are very free! I RSVPed lor:)

Ace was so excited when I told him that we were going to party to watch Disney Cartoons, he was over the moon!:)

When I arrived, I found out it was actually a press launch of the series an suddenly, I felt like the reporter I was some umpteen years back.. only difference is this time, the story is not much work but more of my hobby:) hahaha..

It is a well planned little party.. the moment we arrived, the children were served APPLE JUICE  and the parents orange juice....  Since Apple Juice is his first choice drink, Ace is happy to have a never ending supply of it!:)
They showed us two eps of the cartoon and I think Ace liked it immensely... cos he couldnt stop watching even though they were looping the few eps they were showing and repeating it again and again when it was time to eat and mingle...





The story is written by a mum who was inspired when she brought her daughter to the doctors and saw how many children feared seeing doctors.. to to dispel their fear, she had this idea to create a cartoon series about a little girl who plays doctor to her toys.

And I must say it was quite well made.. There is enough slapstick to entertain the younger toddlers who were giggling away and also enough content to keep older 7 year olds like Ace entertained.. And like any good edutaintment, there is always some moral of the story like why it is important to drink water and stay hydrated or why it is a good idea to ask for help when you need it...

Actually, even I enjoyed the show.. My favourite character is the dragon soft toy called Stuffy... he is hilarious!


Then there was a buffet but Ace is not interested in most of the food I got for him.. he just wants me to get many many chocolate cakes! hahahaha

Then he realized that the other kids were eating fries and asked for some.. I asked him to go and get some himself... and he did.. But hor, to my surprise, the fries tasted like Mac Donalds fries leh! So I also helped myself to some cos it has been a long while since I had mac fries:)

On our way back, we were given some goody bag and when I asked Ace to pose for a picture, all he wanted to do was to check out the goody bag! hahahaha

Very happy with what he found in the bag..

Anyway, we made a few friends there.. one of them is a reporter from Asian Parent.. who brought her nephew along.. and another is a little girl, whose mummy is also a blogger... But as she was bz, the daddy was the one who brought his little girl to the party..

As she is about Ace's age and we stay in the same area, Ace had lots of fun talking and chatting with his new friend  in the MRT..

They were so loud they almost tore the whole MRT down!:) wahahahaha


All in all, I am just glad tat Ace had a great time:)

But too bad though, we dun have cable cos the series starts on 9th July on Starhub's Disney Junior Channel (ch 311) at 9am.. I think it will be a weekly delight from then on.. I heard they also have repeats at 11.15pm and 8pm at night..

Previous Post: Vacation In Singapore!


No comments: