Monday, September 17, 2012

Empathy

I have always known Ace to be a sensitive young man... I never appreciated to what extent till the other day.

I have just added two of my friend's kids whom Ace know and so when the kids were online, they came to chat with me and asked to chat with Ace as well. Since Ace doesnt have a facebook account, they have to chat through me:) hahaha..

So when Ace's little friend asked, "How are you?", I asked Ace if there is anything he wanted to say to them as well.

As Ace knew that the kid's mother had just passed away some time back, he said to me, "I want to say: I am good. I am so sorry to hear that your mother died.. But I don't want to talk about the dying part because it will make them sad. Can I ask them without talking about it?"

I wasn't really surprised that Ace would want to ask about that because I know he felt strongly about it when he was told that his friend's mother died and wasn't surprise that he will show empathy.. what surprised me was his sensitivity towards it.. that he would want to ask them about it without saying the word "DIE" so that they wouldnt feel sad.

So in the end, I asked him what does he think if he instead said something like, "I am sorry to hear about your mother.." And he was okay with it..

Anyway, the kids had fun talking with each other and Ace kept asking when they can meet up again. He even invited them to come to dubai so we can make popsicles for them to eat:) hehe...

But of course, sometimes in trying to show empathy and console people, Ace also uses very strange line of reasoning....

The other day, while watching his dad play Xbox Fifa 2012, his dad started to curse n swear cos his team missed the ball. So this very filial son tried to console his dad n said, "Maybe he (the players inside the game who missed the ball) feels that it is boring to always win?"

Wahahaha!!!Max didnt know whether to laught or to cry... so he gave Ace a killer stare. hahahahaha..

Previous Post: Why Is The Boy Happy

No comments: