Thursday, November 22, 2012

Master Chef Junior Dubai 2: Mee Hoon Kway

When I was a little girl, my mum often made us this breakfast called Mee Hoon Kway... It is sort of like a pancake. Only, it is sweet and there is no need to apply butter or drizzle honey or any sort of syrup on it...

When I got older, my mum taught me how to make it and because it is one of my favourites, I often made it by myself for tea break and became an expert at getting the right consistency and right sweetness:)

After the success of baking his own cake, Ace has been wanting to do EVERYTHING by himself and has been wanting to help to do everything too. The other day, we were stranded at home with no ingredients to make his favourite scrambled eggs, hash brown and sausage breakfast on a weekend.

I was suddenly inspired and suddenly remembered the Mee Hoon Kway and so I decided to let him try make everything from scratch since I had sugar, flour, eggs and water:)

Ace beating the eggs...

Carefully adding the flour before mixing...


Add sugar and water till you get the right consistency...

Time to heat the Happy Call Pan and our the batter in...
Ace added too much batter and the resulting kway was a very large one.. so he had problem flipping it.. I flipped it for him and asked him to practice flipping by the side so that he can flip the next one...

Ace working hard on flipping...

Success!:)

Oops.. waited a little too long to flip.. so chao tar..

Still a good try for a first timer:)

tadah, the chef and his mee hoon kway:)

Ace doing the very "SHIOK" look as he enjoys his kway...

just like his mummy, he nailed it and loved it!:)


Ace feeding a SMALL piece of his masterpiece to daddy...


Pass!
After that, Ace says he wants to make his own breakfast every weekend!:)  So the next weekend, he made some more... this time, he is in better control:)






Flipping it by himself :)


The chef dancing while we were waiting for the kway to be ready to be flipped and we did a little dance and sang, "Shao jiao, shao jiao, shao jiao..." wahahahahah...

Not bad hor?:P

Ace says that when he has children, he is going to teach them how to make this. Maybe this will become part of the family tradition:)

Ah Yee, when Cayden grows up, u can teach him to make this!:)

Previous Post: I Don't Deserve The Prize

No comments: