Saturday, March 22, 2014

Art Dubai 2014- Part 1

Last year, F invited me to Art Dubai in 2013 and I really enjoyed it. This year, a larger group of us decided to go together and I asked Ace if he wanted to go and he said he wanted to go...

While editing, I realized to took 300 over photos at the event! :) Wahaha.. so well, this is part 1....


First part is display of vases...


Ace says that this is his favourite because he likes the patterns..

This is my favourite because I like the colour ;)

This one is interesting.. it is a series of nurses standing in a natural surroundings in their country...

This is installation art or something. They looked like dried flowers from far but I think they are made of clay!

Last year, I did not visit the Cartier Booth but decided to go this year...



Actually I am not so fascinated by the jewellery.. I was more fascinated by the way they displayed the jewellery because they built white models of famous places and placed the jewellery there.. so pretty!













There was this cit y built using boxes etc.. looks like something Ace will do.. but of course the technique is better lah.. I was wondering why this is placed in the Cartier area and later found out it is designed by a FAMOUS artist... and I think Cartier is his sponsor or something.. hahaha..









This was at the start of the exhibition hall... Ace complained that I took too long a time and walked very quickly away from me.. I told him to keep close but he just walked around and took photos with his camera. Initially, he will turn around and wait for me.. eventually, he decided he doesn't need to wait for me and just walked away lor! grrr....

I dun understand what he was doing.. just going around to take pictures. For me, I needed to stand in front of the piece and take it in.. so need time mah... I learnt how to "appreciate" art when I did an art and aesthetics module in uni. It is very strange, just being exposed to piece after piece few hours a week made me appreciate art a little more:) hahahaha...

At one point, Ace got lost but as many of my friends were there, he just asked them to look for me. In the end though, he decided he will stick to F because he says she is faster and not slow like me ;) wahahaha....




I find this looks like Angel's feet...


Can you guess what is the title of this piece?

Hahahha... answer coming up...

Actually, this is called a SELF PORTRAIT.. cos it is the letter I.. but I think the artist sees himself as quite a dark and dreary person leh.. hahahaha...





I dunno what these pellets are but i think it is amazing to make these...


This one is interesting.. this person takes out old old documents.. and then decorated them and made them look pretty:)




Finally found Ace.. got him to pose with the elephant..

















Saw these  intricate insects made of paper, wires and I think acrylic or glass.. very nice hor?







This one is a repeat I think cos I remember seeing something similar last year.. is a drawing of smoke..














They even had a little note to explain to you how tat art work is planned or installed:)


Hahahaha... CENSORSHIP! ;)



If you go closer.. you can see that the jewels are embedded inside leh..

This is a mechanical butterfly that I find quite fascinating..













This is THIS WILL ALSO PASS... in I think Arabic...

Quite fittingly so... because the shadow looks so frightening and scary but the actual words are well.. just nice:) hahaha...  sort of like how fear is.. it is our perception that makes it scary.. and I think when we are in a stage in life where life is tough.. it is also our perception that makes it so... This will also pass.. it is just a shadow and isnt real...




So that is part 1 for you... More to come.. tomorrow:)

Previous Post: H's Dad is a Fake Gemist

No comments: