Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sex.. AGAIN


Remember the saga that Ace had in school about him and his friends talking about "sex" and "stripclubs"

Ace came home and told me that that particular classmate talked about sex again.... he is again talking about strip clubs and again talking about having a girlfriend and having sex with his girlfriend...

So I told him that I have to tell his teacher because I really do not think this is good or healthy for his friend.

It happened so that we were having a random conversation about telling on your friends an hour earlier. Ace was telling me how in school, the small things, you settle yourself lah. You just shake hands, say sorry an that is it. But for the big things, you will have to tell your teacher.

I asked him how do you decide if something is BIG or SMALL... and he explained to me that something like saying the F word is BIG... and something like accidentally pushing your friend or what is small.

So I explained to Ace.. that like what he told me, THIS IS  A BIG THING. It is not a small thing they can settle themselves. I told him I will write inside his SOS book.. and he said he feels that this is something he should personally tell the teacher face to face... I agree that that is a good idea and left him to it.

The next day, when he returned home from school, he said that his teacher did not come to school that day.  And so instead, he talked to his friend and told him not to say that cos if not he has to tell the teacher.

His friend told him, "In that case I am going to tell on you and that you asked me to tell you more..."

That got Ace very worried... because at the start, he thought the story was quite funny and asked his friend to tell him more. But when his friend got to the "dirty" parts, Ace started to find it is disgusting and asked him to stop.

And at that point, Max came home and Ace told him what happened and Max just told him that it is ok that he does not tell the teacher. But mummy's job to tell the teacher.. and Max told him that they shouldnt talk about it as in the UAE, just talking about these things in public is a jailable offence. On top of that, any person under age 16 having sex or having sex wiht any person under the age of 16 will need to go to jail.

That got Ace even MORE worried..

THen he asked me if there is a thing called a BOY's JAIL because his friend said there is. I told him there is a place called a boy's home for boys who commit crime to give them a chance to go and learn to correct their mistakes. But it is like jail because they cannot go home or go out freely...

"Are you allowed to see your parents?"
"Are you allowed to hug your parents?"

Throughout dinner, he kept asking questions about this and that becuase he was afraid he is going to be expelled and sent to a boy's home because they discussed about sex. wahahahaha... (I am secretly pleased to know his first and foremost concern is whether he will be able to see or hug us)

I told him I dun think they will expell or send him to a home because of that lah. But it is not age appropriate and I am concerned about where his friend got the info... so I have to tell the school...

I asked for wisdom to word my words in such a way that it is a feedback and wun sound like an attack on the poor boy. After all, it is not my intention that they get punished but just tat they are guided properly...

I also told Ace what exactly I wrote inside the SOS book so that he knows...

And today, the school called me..

Headmistress said she will talk to the class and talk to the few boys who are involved and she will also talk to Ace. So that he doesnt think that he has done anything wrong. THey will also talk to the boy involved and only inform his parents if need be.

I think serves Ace right also lah.. tell him not age appropriate he still go and ask pple to tell him more:) wahahahahahaha....

But I am very impressed with the way that the school has handled the issue. Max was just saying that if this were to happen in Singapore, whole world have to go to school liao.. hahahah :) Plus.. we also not certain if the teachers in Singapore will be brave enough to talk to the children about sex..


Anyway, the headmistress told me that it is quite normal for children.. especially boys this age to be curious and they will every now and then ask a question or two about sex. She told me it is great that Ace and us have a great relationship where we can talk about everything and that she agrees with me that it is not good to let the children think that sex is wrong or dirty.


Anyway, when Ace came home today, I asked him what happened in school and he told me that Ms B spoke to him... "No one is going to be expelled!" he told me with a big smile on his face:) He said that was the first question that he asked her when she said she wanted to talk to him.. and then, she went on to tell him what I already told him.. that this is a big thing and that he should tell the teacher the next time this friend talked about these topics. But of course, he should give him a chance first by telling him to stop.. "Ya, that is what I did. I gave him a chance but he blew it..." he told her.. wahahahaha...

And the teacher told him that he did the right thing to tell his mummy as well :) hehehe...

"So what happened after that?" I asked him.

He said after that he went to tell his friend that the headmistress wanted to see him.. and he warned his friend, "If Ms B ask you anything, you better tell the truth.. because she knows when you are lying and will tell your mummy! I know because I get into trouble for that before!"

Wahahahaha...  NOw he knows he wun be expelled he dam yaya...

Anyway, the headmistress talked to the boys and that was it. No fuss after that and until now, no more talks about strip clubs anymore:) Din even have to tell the parents! I am so impressed with his school and the way they handle things:)

Previous Post: Lego Competition

No comments: