Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Singaporean In Him

Despite living very far away of home, I think Ace is starting to pick up the nuances of Singlish as his English and his oral skills improve...

The other day, Ace requested for Laksa for dinner and so I made him some using the Prima Mix and added noodles to share. In the past, he will take the noodles and I will take the soup because it is too spicy for him. But I realized that nowadays, he will drink all the laksa soup that I give him.

While he was drinking the soup, I asked him how is the soup, is it spicy? "Yeah, sibeh power ah!"

Whahahahahahaha.. that had me stitches because I totally did not see that coming!:)

Then another day, we were talking about something that happened to another kid in school and what the kid did. The kid fought back using violence and we asked Ace if he thought that was right. "No, of course not, cannot use violence to solve problems.." Ace said.

So Max asked Ace, "Then what will you do?"

"I will tell him, 'Eh BRO, dun like that lah.."

Wahahahahahaahaha.... had me and Max in stitches lor.. Max says, "But you sure your frens understand BRO or not. I thought in Dubai you will call each other habibi (which is arabic word for "friend" or "darling")?"

"Yeah, they understand one.."

Anyway, Ace is going through a laksa phase now. Everyday if you ask him what he wants for dinner, he will say Prima Laksa. Wahahaha...

The other day when he requested for Laksa, I told him dun eat so much.. cos Laksa is fattening one.. also I told him actually Prima Laksa has got baby prawns in the paste to make the soup. Last week after he had laksa, the next day he woke up with a swollen eye bag. Could be totally unrelated but I just wanted him to know what he is eating and make his own choice...

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ace asked me..

I told him I already told him many many moons ago when he first started eating mah...

"Oh well, I dun care..."

And with a touch of dramatic flourish, he said he a very dramatic voice, "My love for laksa is sooooooooooooooo much, I will just take the soup with tiny baby prawns... But only for laksa.... Sorry baby prawns... But only laksa ah.. I still will NOT eat any fish or chicken because they are all my friends!"

True Singaporean at heart indeed!:)

PS: Max is a little worried that Ace is starting to relax his rules when it comes to the vegeterian diet. I told him that given we are both relax, of course Ace will relax lah.. but I tot Ace gets to choose? "Yeah, he can still choose what he wants to eat and what diet he wants to follow..." BUT... hahaha BUT...I think Daddy will be disappointed to become the ONLY vegeterian left in the family. But well, I also dun think Ace will turn non vegeterian.. plus, I dunno how to cook non vegeterian things like meat and fish one.. so at home, LL still will have to eat vegeterian foods:) wahahaha..

PPS: Ace swear off laksa liao. The other day, he say wanna eat DODO laksa... So I make for him and took out all the fishcake and stuff... he ate only 4 mouthfuls and his eye started to SWELL! I told him could be the prawn paste...  He says he decided he will stop eating laksa for good because he does not like his eye to swell up. 

Previous Post:  Everything Is Awesome 2!

No comments: