Sunday, March 02, 2014

No Pens Day

Today, Ace came home and told me that they did a debate in session in school today.

"And our team lost because of me..." he said with a sad face.

I asked him why he said that and he explained that his oral skills were not as strong as the others. On top of that, today is a no pens day. That means all the points that you have, you had to remember them in your mind and you had to just say them out like that.

"I couldn't write it on paper, I couldn't write it on the white board. And I had to speak in front of the whole class.. and so when it was my turn to speak, I got nervous and I did not do very well.."

I remembered then that one of my Systemic Constellation teachers told me that some part of our family always lives in us.. we just have to remember them... so for example, if your child is weak in math.. during a math exam, they can bring along a photo of someone who is good in math or imagine that family member who is good in that area beside them and the energy and bond between the two will be there and the child will do better in math.

So I told Ace that in the future, if he needs to do something like perform or speak in front of a crowd, he just needs to remember someone in his family who can do that very well...

"And who will that be?" I asked him...

"You lor..." he replied.

I hope he will continue to improve in this area and be as great as his mother :) wahahahaaha....

PS: On a side note though, I think he really just needed some confidence lah.. cos he is usually quick to retort me... and also good in "performing". Just now, after he finished bathing, he ran out to the living room and with much fanfare, he announced in those TV advertisement voice...

"Today, there is going to be a special offer. I am not going to charge you 1 dirhams, (pause) not even 2! (pause) I am just going to charge you...... 1000 dirhams... For a lousy pen! Please note that this advertisement is for people who have millions and thousands of money and nowhere to spend them..."

After a pause, he asked me, "Mummy, do you like my advertisement?"

Me:??????? I dun understand your advertisement! Wahahahahah...

Previous Post: Qasr Al Hosn Festival

No comments: