Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Kung Fu Legs 2

Have you always wondered how stay-at-home mums handle everything alone with their baby?

Before I had to take care of Ace, I did.

It is dangerous to leave a baby alone, right? So I have always wondered how come these mums don’t need to eat, pee or bath? How is it that they can take care of the baby for the whole day?

I still do not know how the other mothers cope.. but I did with the help of my KUNG FU LEGS (now you know where Ace gets his kung fu legs.. like mother like son..) and my trusty bright blue bouncer.

A typical day of mine goes like this:

Wake, lie in bed, feed, bath Ace, feed again.

By this time, my parents will be here and they will play with him while I have my lunch.

By the time they go, Ace is hungry again. I feed him a little and proceed to do work, blog, check email at my PC.

So what happens to Ace? I put Ace in the blue bouncer right beside me and secretly hope that the sound of typing will put him to sleep. Alas my wish doesn’t come true.

When he is not fussy, he is happy to play by himself. But when he starts to get fussy.. I will use my kung fu legs to rock the bouncer while I continue to type my stuff and sooner or later he goes to sleep. Whenever he wakes, the kung fu legs start moving till he is asleep again.

If I am going out that day, it gets a little tougher. While he sleeps, I will quickly go and bath (keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn’t wake up cos if he does, he will cry all the way till I finish bathing and pick him up and by that time, tears will be streaming down his face and he will be coughing).

Then I have to prepare the things to bring when I go out, dress him..

The most difficult part comes when he is hungry and I am in a hurry. I simply do not have the luxury of sitting down to feed him till he is happy and what do I do?

I bring him to my room, put the bouncer beside me and use my legs to rock him while I put on make up! As I haven’t quite perfected the art of drawing brows while moving my kung fu legs at the same time, there have been quite a number of times I went out with crooked eyebrows because of this. (sigh..)

And because I am so afraid he will grow up thinking that make up is a part of life, I keep telling him that Mummy is putting on make up to look mei mei. Only WOMEN need to put on make up. He is a boy and dun need to put on make up. He just needs to admire it. Hahaha…

But babies truly are strange creatures.

He might admire my make up for a while but he would start crying again the moment he gets out of that blue bouncer while I try to change his clothes and change his diapers. No matter how hard I try to pacify him, he just wouldn’t stop and would just continue to cry as if I haven’t fed him in a hundred years!

But the minute I step out of the house, he becomes quiet and falls asleep all the way till I am in the taxi and he wakes to look at me expectantly for feeding!

Once and again proven. Got food no love. Hahaha..

PS: I read somewhere that crying in the afternoon or evenings is normal for babies sometimes because the baby is just letting off steam.

3 comments:

Clatzz said...

hahaha...

good way to tone ur legs...

Clatzz said...

u got powerful wu tou baby... hahahahahaha

<*ANGEL*> said...

hahaha.. i forgot about the wu tou baby.. sigh.. i wish all the kung fu would make them slimmer sooner ;)