Saturday, November 08, 2008

I Like To Eat Rice

If you are a follower of my blog, you will know that my son LOVES noodles since young...

Everytime you ask him what he wants to eat, his answer is always noodles! Everytime you want him to eat by himself.. it has better be something he likes.. like NOODLES...

I do not know if it is because of influence in school because they eat rice quite often for lunch or is it because he just got tired of eating noodles... but recently, he seems to have a change in taste...

Whenever we ask him what does he want to eat for dinner, he always says, "RICE!"

I would verify and ask him if he wants noodles and he says, "No, I don't want to eat noodles. I want to eat rice. Big big rice..."

I asked him then, "Why do you like to eat rice?"


"Because I am happy..." he says.

So now, we often go out and order toufu, mushrooms and vege with rice and the beautiful part is that he is finally willing to feed himself when eating rice and he does a pretty good job too if you give him a bowl and a spoon...

If you go one step furthur and ask him what sort of rice he likes, he would say, "Chicken Rice!"

I think it is partially because he was taught "Our Favourite Foods" in school and among all the photos pasted in school, the only one he has eaten before (because it has a vegeterian version) is Chicken Rice. So he says his favourite is chicken rice..

But i think it could also be because the past two times he ate chicken rice, he was fortunate enough to come across VERY SUPER DUPER YUMMY chicken rice... (It was so good Ah Yee had to eat two portions of it despite having concerns about her growing waistline.)

Anyway, I am most happy tat he is ready to feed himself! Phew! School rocks!

Previous Post: Michael Bang My Toys

No comments: