Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mummy, You Wake Up

Ace is a pretty good kid. Even though he likes to lie on bed and doesn't really wake up quickly and tends to laze in bed.. once he becomes awake, he is all smiles and doesn't sound grumpy or angry at all.

And because me and Daddy don't like it when people suddenly wake us, we have a variety of ways to wake Ace up gently...

First we will off the fan so that the room is a little bit warm.. and then we will draw the curtains so that more light falls into the room.. then I will gently shake him and tell him, "Ace, wake up, time to go to school.."

Sometimes I will kiss him on the cheek and sometimes daddy will rub his palm over Ace's face.

Sometimes I just tease him. "起来了,太阳晒到屁股了!"

Well, Ace has his own way of waking me up as well....

Yesterday, I was taking a power nap before going for my next appt. My son came into the room to wake me to go off to the next appt.

"Mama, 起来了..." and he started to pull my hand. "快点起来换衣服。你看,我换衣服了。我“哇! 美美”了,你快点起来换衣服我“哇! 美美”你。你看我换衣服帅帅了。" (Mama, wake up, come change out of your clothes. You see, I have already changed into my going out clothes and am "wah.. so pretty" now. You wake up quick and change into your going out clothes and I can "wah.. so pretty" you... see, I am so handsome now..)

And then he proceeded to pull my feet till they touched the ground and pull my hand till I finally sat up on bed.

Today, Ace woke up at 7plus and because he already pooped, even though I was darn tired, I had no choice but to wake up and bath him and because he was already awake, I didn't dare to go back to bed lest he starts to do strange things in the house...

When Max woke up, I was so happy cos now he can take over and I can go catch up on my sleep again.

But after napping for about half an hour, my son came into my room and pulled my hand. "Mama, wake up already. Don't sleep already, come out and watch tv with me. Mama.. quick, you wake up.. you see.. there is light coming out from the sky already..."

Did he mean "the sun is up"? Hahahaha...

PS: I wrote this like some time ago.. recent developments in Ace's sleep pattern.. he has taken to being grumpy in the morning when we try to wake him. Grumpy initially but he will still in the end break out into laughter after some tickling...

One of our favourite games is "Tickle Mummy/Ace, see whether he will wake up or not.." I played this with him that day and the next two days, he would wake and come to me to tickle me to wake me up.

But the most POWER thing that happened was yesterday, Ace wanted to sleep in and wake up later. I told him he had to wake up to go to school. "Which school are we going?"He asked.

"Kinderland lor." I told him. And then he rolled himself into a ball and told me. "I don't want to go to school..." And when his daddy asked him why, he said, "*cough* I am not feeling well, I cannot go to school because I am sick..."

3.5 years old????????????????????????????????

Previous post: Hungry Boy

2 comments:

Monky said...

hahahaha..3.5 yrs old know how to chao keng liao wor..damn smart.

<*ANGEL*> said...

Ya lor... i think inherit from me.. hahaha...