Friday, November 07, 2008

Michael Bang My Toys

Everyday when you ask Ace what he did he school today, he gives sort of a standard answer.

Other than his lessons, he always plays with his friends and he always plays with the same few friends whom he mentions by name... Michael Phua, Yam Yam (That's Huang Ziyang.. and teachers call him Yang Yang.. but Ace cannot pronounce that and always calls him Yam Yam.. hahaha), Xu Ai, Gregory...

And they always play with what Ace calls "The Farm House..."

If not, they will play the "Bang Toys Game".

"Michael Phua bang my toys lor...."

"And then, what happens after that?" I ask him.

"And then I bang Michael's toys..."

Sometimes he changes the names to other names but it is always a case of you bang my toys and I bang my toys and then some narration of what happens after that. Either someone gets angry.. or they find it is so funny.. or they just rebuild it again...

I told him that if he does not want others to bang his toys, he has to tell them to stop, not do the same thing to them. But I suspect that to kids of this age, they just feel it is good fun to bang each other's toys and no one is really upset at each other. They really just find it very funny and fun to see the toys toppling.

After a month of the same replies though, I am really curious to find out if he really does the same thing everyday or if he gives the same answer because he is unable to express any thing else...

So one day, I asked his teacher, Teacher Toh, about it...

She told me that they have two sets of toys they love most. One is the animal farm house which has alot of animals... the other one is sort of like a lego set where they would build things and topple each other's creations for fun.... you see, they build it because the meant to topple it after it is built!

No wonder he keeps giving the same answer. He really loves these two games and has been playing them everyday! :)

This explains his really violent behaviour and why his lego toys at home are thrown around... sigh... I hope he gets out of this phase FAST!

Previous Post: Why You Follow Me?!

No comments: