Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ace Got Lost

Have you ever gotten lost suddenly when you were young? You were just happily minding your own business and all of a sudden, your parents seem to have disappeared and you feel abandoned, lost and frightened all at the same time?

It ain't a good feeling I can assure you. This happened to me once when I was 5 and now that I am 31, I still have vivid memories of it. I was in Metro with my mum and I was happily browsing through all the stuff in front of me so I did not notice when my mum walked away.

"Mummy, can I buy this? I want to buy this?" I picked out this thing I really liked and passed it to my mum to show her.

"I am not your mummy, little girl..." said a gentle female voice.

HORRORS OF HORRORS! Where is my mummy?! And I started to go into a crying frenzy.

Another time it happened that my little sister got lost when she was about three in OG shopping center.. and then my mum said it is better for her to search and for me to stay put in one place so that in case I saw my sister, I could stop her. "You stay here and wait for me, I go and find your sister," she said to me.

I stood there feeling really frightened. I have already lost my sister and now my mother is gone too! So I cried and cried... and I think in the end, someone found my sister and heard my crying and brought her there...

Unfortunately, Ace had a similar experience the other day and I hope it doesnt stay forever in his memory.

Ace wanted to go to the zoo and because we have not been able to find time to bring him there, we decided to bring him, instead, to Simei where there is this huge pet shop where he can look at animals.

Max just walked about anywhere he liked. Seems to me that he felt that since I was around, he is free to walk whereever he wanted and he could do whatever he wanted cos Mummy is there to standby.

But when I asked him about it, he said it is ok, "Ace wun walk too far... don't worry..."

So I walked around on my own a bit as well and suddenly, Max asked me, "Where is Ace ah?"

And I went back to look for him but he was nowhere to be found. My heart nearly jumped out of my body. At this very moment, from the other corner of the store, I heard a familiar voice say, "Where is my mummy?!" and this familiar voice started crying loudly.

"He's over there..." a well-meaning passer by pointed Ace out to me and so I ran towards him and hugged him. "It's ok, Ace. I am here already. I will never leave you without telling you. Are you ok?"

"Where is my daddy?" Ace asked when he finally cooled down and quieten down. After that, he was careful to remember to stick around close to us ;)

Phew!

Anyway, we walked around, had sushi for dinner and then bought a mini christmas tree and went home.

When we reached home, me and Ace decorated our christmas tree with my accesories. Merry Xmas, everyone!

Previous Post: Peer Pressure

No comments: