Friday, December 12, 2008

What I Want To Be?

While going out for dinner with Max, he told me that Ace told him in the car on the way home from school, that he wanted to be a doctor when he grew up.

"Really ah? How come he wants to be a doctor?"I asked Max.

"I asked him the same question too. He said he wants to help people when he grows up..."

Wah, I was impressed and was thinking that the teachers in his school have done quite a good job.

But that was not the end of the story. Max went on to ask Ace about the hotels that he said he wanted to build. "So you want to be a doctor... or do you want to build hotels?" Max asked Ace.

"Mmm..."Ace paused to think. After about a minute of deep, hard thinking, he declares. "I want to build hotel. I want to build big big hotels!"

Turned out that when we were in Suntec over the weekend, Daddy asked him if he would like to grow up and build buildings like these for sale... and he remembered the conversation they had..

Alas, that is still NOT the end of the story. After our dinner and our appointment, we went to Popo's house to fetch Ace. I went up to pick him up while Max waited for us in the car.

"I heard you wanted to be a doctor, Ace... Why do you want to be a doctor?" I asked him. "Erm.. because I want to POKE the playdoh..."

Oh, but I thought you wanted to help people? "No, I want to poke poke 打针the play doh.."

What about the hotels you wanted to build? You want to build hotels or you want to become a doctor?

"I want to become doctor..." he replied.. the lift door opens and we saw a cat walking past. "I become doctor and then I poke the cat and 打针 and then the cat dies. Eht (sound of dying)..."

"Ace, if you want to be a doctor, your job is to save lives the very best you can, not to poke them with needles and make them die..." I told him...

Since children and what they do are a projection of our sub conscious mind, I guess me and max have very different ideas about these occupations.. hahahaha ;)

Previous Post: JJ Lin's Youngest Fan

No comments: