Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Am Police!




Me and Max are quite against violence and because of that, Ace has not toys like guns or swords or knifes of any sorts at home. We don't want Ace to think that violence is right and is a good way to resolve problems.

But somehow still, along the way, he still managed to use the balloon holder from his mac donald balloon as a sword and still he manages to build strange structures with his engineering set and his lego set and call it "A GUN!"

And Mr Policeman is on duty like 24 hours a day lor. He could be sleeping and lazy to wake up or even open his eyes when we tried to wake him in the morning. All of a sudden, when Daddy started to roar like a lion and tell him that Lion is coming if he doesn't wake up, he sits up straight, opens his eyes and declares loudly, "I am police! I catch lion!", grabs his dad and then goes back to sleep again.

Because he has taken to calling himself a policeman these days and loves to catch us becuase he is a police, Yeye has decided to buy him this new set of toy that is basically a gun with some rubber bullets tat will stick on glass when you aim and shoot.

Initially Yeye bought him this one set that somehow couldnt work after the first try and so yeye went to change it for another set that comes with a baton, a gun, three "bullets", a badge a walkie talkie and even a police identification card... hahaha....

After he changed the the toy, Yeye was also very excited and called Ace to tell him that he has already changed for a new set. After that, for the next few days, Ace kept reminding me that Yeye has bought him a toy gun.

When our car drove past their house, Ace would say to me, "I want to go Nainai's house." When I asked him why, he would tell me, "Yeye change the gun for me, right? I want to go and play gun."

So yesterday, we went there and Ace had lots of fun pretending to be a policeman. We told him though, that he can only shoot at three things: the floor, the wall or the target board that we set up for him. I told him that it is very painful because the bullet moves very fast so he cannot shoot at other people or shoot at himself because it will hurt and if he does, we will throw the toy away.
So I guess me and Max dun mind him playing police for a short while. We asked him to leave the toy there and he is not to bring it home... I guess violence is passed on not through playing with toys.. but really with example by how me and max resolve problems ;)

Previous Post: Papa Buay Tahan

No comments: