Friday, December 05, 2008

I Not Feeling Well

It started off with me falling sick.

For some unknown reason, I felt really sick.. It could be a healing crisis and also could be just me not taking good care of myself. I started to feel a pain in my throat, blocked nose and worse of all, a aching around my lymph nodes and my face... everyday, I would feel slightly feverish and my lymph nodes felt so swollen that the swelling was affecting my headache and my eyes.

Everyday, I felt like my head is constantly aching and it is going to like split open anytime soon with a great big "BANG" and my eyes felt so swollen and painful they were like going to pop out of my head anytime soon.

It didn't feel good when I was sleeping yet if I did not sleep, the pain is worse.. so for a few days, I had Max bring Ace to my mum's place while I rested at home and did NOTHING.

Afraid that Ace might feel left out or upset at that arrangement, I told him that I was not feeling well and that I am sick, that is why I cannot spend so much time with him because I don't want to make him sick as well.

A few days later, just when I got better, Ace started coughing a little bit. "Shucks! I still passed it to him in the end!" I thought to myself.

When we picked him up from school, as usual, I asked him how was his day. "I not feeling well, I am sick..." he replied.

"Oh really? That's too bad... then we cannot bring you out and you cannot go mac donalds this weekend..."

Upon hearing that, Ace changed his tune. "我没有咳嗽。我好了!" And he never tried to say he is sick again.

But his cough took a turn for the worse after we brought him to mac donalds and he drank the apple juice there. And come monday, he refused to wake up despite much cajoling.

"I don't want to go to school..." and Ace hid his head behind the big bolster.

When his dad asked him why he doesn't want to go to school, he said, "I am not feeling well. I am sick. I cannot go to school...."

I asked him who said that he is sick and cannot go to school. "Teacher Toh says I am sick and I cannot go to school."

"Really? Oh, but you are going to discovery center this weekend. If you are sick and cannot go to school, then you cannot go discovery center lor... If you are a good boy, we bring you go and watch Gandie Zhiguang's Nano boy..."

And with that, he decided to wake and go to school anyway. Wah lau, I also din know how to pretend to be sick to skip school till I was 18. My son 3.5 years old can do tat....

So when I went to pick Ace up the other day, I checked with Teacher Toh about what happened. Apparently, she did tell them that they will not be able to come to school if they are sick when she encourages them to drink more water so that they will be healthy.

But the cough did not seem to get better no matter what I fed him and what I did to him. The next day, it got so bad that when Daddy woke up, he decided to take child sick leave to bring Ace to the doctor. But Ace started crying real bad.

So I went to pacify him.

"Why are you crying, Ace?"

"I don't want to go see doctor..." and he continued to cry as big tear drops start flowing down his face.

"Why?"

"I scared scared..." and he continued to cry. "I don't want to 打针... I want to drink 奶奶凉水because then my cough will get better...."

So I pacified him and told him it is ok. The doctor will not give him an injection.. blah blah blah.. only to find out later that Daddy was the one who told him that if his cough does not get better, he will have to bring him to a doctor and the doctor will give him an injection.

The end result, he did not go to the doctor but was happy to do EVERYTHING we said.

He even allowed me to apply VICKS (which he detests the most) on his feet and his chest before he slept because I told him that his cough will get better if I apply VICKS on his chest and his feet. Usually he will scream and shout if I apply VICKS on him and because of that, we even use VICKS as a deterrant for him to put anything near his mouth by telling him that if he does that, we will apply vicks on his mouth.

Anyway, after two days of 爱心凉水 from Nai Nai, Vicks, Pi pa Gao, LOADS of VP and Chloreanna and not forgetting to mention loves of tender loving care from Daddy, Mummy, Waipo, Waigong.. etc, he is now much better ;)

Previous Post: Achievement

No comments: