Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mummy, Can I Change My Name?


The other day, while we were waiting at the bus stop for a bus, out of nowhere, Ace whispered into my ears...

"Mummy, can I change my name to Alfred?"

"Huh? Why do you want to change your name to Alfred?" I asked him.

"Because I think it is cool..." he said.

Hahahaha.. I repeated our conversation to Max who was beside us and he said, "Ace, where did you learn of this name ALFRED?"


And we found out that Ace watched some sort of cartoon in school where the main character who is called Alfred is supposedly very cool. (I later found out it is a cartoon called Alfred Hedgehog.. about a hedgehog tat solves mysteries using science knowledge)

"I dun think it is a very cool name leh... I like Ace better.." I told him...

Max said, "Erm.. well, it is your name but before you change, let's have a discussion lah.. then you decide yourself..."

"Okie okie, I want to be Ace.." Ace said quickly..

"But we havent even started discussing!" said Max.

And then Max asked him, "Do you know what is the meaning of Ace?"

And Ace said, "Yeah, to be number one?"

"And what is the meaning of Alfred?" Max asked Ace.

"I dunno..." Ace shrugged his shoulders...

"So you dun want to be number one and want to be something you dunno?" Max asked him...

"Okie okie, I be Ace.."

And that was the end of the story.. muahahaha...

PS: Incidentally, the name ALFRED means ELF COUNSEL. Not too bad a name at all but of cos, I still prefer the name I chose for my son:) Wahahahaha....

PPS: Alfred Hedgehog is loosely based after my favourite detective Alfred Hitchcock...Much as I love AH, I still prefer the name Ace...

Previous Post: Talk Nicely Lah

No comments: