Monday, December 05, 2011

Home Cooking In November

Now that our life has somewhat settled down and because Dubai has got limited range of cheap veggies, my dishes have more or less settled down to those few I cook most often... so i rarely try out new receipes.. But of cos.. every now and then, there are still things tat catches my fancy..

Okara cake.. made mostly from Soy Bean mush and some self raising flour.. and MILO powder.. very easy to make:)

Ice Cream Toast.. this one doesnt look like much but it is actually very tasty.. and easy to make too! You just need to like melt ice cream in a pan and fry the bread in them.... YUMS:)

The discovery of the month has to be this ji dan gao... many moons ago, a friend posted a receipe for these egg cake thingy like kuay bohlu.. my fav.. she had this special machine tat makes them and I jsut couldnt buy one tat is within my budget..

Now that Ace has to bring snacks to school, I figured might be a good time to invest in one and when i started searching for recipes and researching online, I found out tat the machines actually looks exactly like my sandwich maker.. only tat the mould shape is different.. so i wondered if I can use my sandwich maker instead... and after I tried.. SUCCESS! :) Hahaha...

I found an online receipe to make nasi lemak chilli sauce.. the end result is not wat i imagined it will be but it was still pretty tasty chilli tat Max loves.. hahaha:)

I also learnt how to cook brinjal.. i always tot that cooking brinjal means we have to deep fry it to make it soft.. I now know tat the trick is to soak it in salt water for 30 min before cooking and it will turn soft relatively quickly:)
I also finally used the oven in my house for the FIRST time and managed to make a pretty tasty baked brinjal cheese bake:)




PS: An expert in cooking.. in fact two experts in cooking tell me that they cannot cook for nuts when they started out. It was the fact that they were away from home that they started experimenting.. both started with receipes.. one with receipes from her mum that she typed and stored in her computer... and as Master B says, "First you will follow receipes.. then you will start to tweak the receipe and in time to come, you will be able to create your recipe.. just keep practising.."

Yes, Master!:D

Previous Post: The Bully!

No comments: