Monday, April 15, 2013

Food, Glorious Food

As Ace was having two weeks of term break, I had alot of chance and time to do cooking:) Since I had to cook alot more meals in this case...


Max wanted to eat Roti John.. went to a website.. saw a online reciepe.. and try to anyhow do a vegeterian version lor:) Dunno how it taste like lah.. But tasted ok..:)

Ace wanted to eat Omu rice.. tried to do the fried egg like the youtube video tat I saw.. not bad wor..  managed to make a bigger rounder egg to wrap around the rice:)

Very sad.. this is our last batch of fried cai tow kway...

Ace requested for ahballing.. cos I din have the peanut aballing soup.. so just use... SOY MILK:)

Since I had lots of veggie, I decided to make bibimbap...

I told Ace have to mix mix mix then can eat.. he ask me if have to mix mix mix then can eat.. why hav to put so nice in the first place? Should have just mixed mixed mixed in the first place:)



Also, we had a can of pineapples sitting around and so I decided to make Pineapple upside down cake using the Happy Call Pan.. not bad leh.. tasted quite good!:)

The Korean supermart we went to gave us some snacks... Din know wat is it.. Ace says since I am the only person in the family who eats both veg and meat.. I have to try it first.. din taste very good.. next day grow mould liao.. so i threw it away..

Remember the unside down cake I made? Well, I gave a quarter of it to my neighbour... and in return, she made me POORI and Aloo masala.. I made some halwa to go with it and Ace and me had it for lunch:) Very yummy lor! Even though the aloo is quite spicy, Ace finished half of it lor!:)


Anyway, had a craving for lor mee the other day and just decided to make it based on what I had in the kitchen.. trial and error!:) I think it tasted good leh.. but Ace dun like it...  he says only give 1 out of 5 stars because it is too sour.. strange.. how his taste buds have changed.. cos he used to love it when he was 2,3 years old.. his favourite sauce mian!

 Hehehe... saw  JEJU Orange juice in the korean supermarket.. and then because I was watching Sungkungkwan scandal.. they said tat jeju mandarins are the BEST.. so i bought and tried lor...


The other day, we went to Virgin Megastore.. and they were demonstrating the ZOKU and how to make popsicles.. they came up with some new products to cut out letters and all that and it inspired me because I suddenly remembered I bought some animal cut outs for cutting out shapes on veggies and cheese and wat nots... and I noticed that they play cheat but just using juice or milk.. so since I had the JEJU mandarin juice, decided to use that to make my popsicle and design it using the animal cut outs on apply slices just like what they did in Virgin:)

Erm.. smells very good actually but hor a little sour cos the juice after freezing, you taste less of the sugar.. so since you taste less of the sweet you, you feel like it is slightly sour...

Since it was successful.. tired again using the aloe vera juice that I had at home as well and it turned out great.. because you can chew the aloe bits afterwards ;) yummy!:)

After cooking lunch everyday for two weeks.. lazy for this week.. eating salads everyday for lunch:) hahaha..

Since we are on the topic of food.. can you guess what the below is??
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
..
..
.
.
.
.THe answer is...
FRESH ALMONDS:) I never knew they looked like this!

Previous Post: It's In Your Prayers, Mummy!






No comments: