Monday, April 29, 2013

I Don't Want You To Grow Old

I was sitting at my usual table and typing away on my computer...

Ace walked out from the bathroom, changed into his PJs and took a comb to comb his hair (he very hiao one.. going to bed still gotto comb hair one..)

And right after he was done combing his own hair, he came and sat behind me and started to comb MY HAIR.

I continued to type lah.. since I was used to him playing around with my hair. It is one of the reasons why I decided to cut my hair short.

Suddenly, he paused.. so I looked up from what I was doing only to see him pursing his lips...

"Why?" I asked him...

"You have so many white hair..." he said sadly... "I don't want you to grow old..."

Hai... no matter how many times i explain to him.. my son doesnt understand this... that everyone grows older.. every single second.. every day...

"Ace, there is no way to stop growing old.. you can grow old faster or grow old slower but you cannot stop growing older at all.. this is a fact of life.." I told him..

"I know.. but I still don't want you to grow old..." he said sadly as he put the comb back into its usual shelf...

Previous Post: I Love It Because It Is Made With Love

No comments: