Monday, April 01, 2013

Phantom

No, not Phantom of The Opera...

I am talking about this Korean Mystery Drama called Phantom that had me and Ace glued onto my laptop and us gripping the edge of our sofa for quite some time.


A friend of mine recommended this drama to me. In her words, "It is so exciting I can only tahan watching one ep at a time lor, if not I think my heart will jump to fast or too hard and my body will not be able to take it."

Somehow though, I never got around to watching it because Max was watching Running Man and I was busy with various projects..  so we never really had time to sit down and watch K drama together.

While having lunch in our fav korean restaurant though, we saw a sort of nice Korean Comedy called Sungkyungwan Scandal and we were sort of lucky.. cos we were watching the first ep and as it was quite nice, Max asked at night if I wanted to watch it with him. And since watching Kdrama together is like a bonding activity for me and Max, I decided perhaps we can watch an ep or two during the weekends.

The drama is not too bad and the starting of one korean drama lead me to want to watch more of it and so I decided to watch ep 1 of Phantom alone to see if I would like it when Max was playing MJ with our sg gang. It turned out to be really good !  Every moment was exciting and there were so many twists and turns... so I asked Max if he wanted to watch with me when I got home. He said he prefered lighter comedies and so I decided to continue on alone.. and boy was it good.. every ep also so kan cheong and the evil villain is very good lor!

Someway along in the middle, Ace decided to join me as he is having his school holidays and is allowed to sleep late. He usually likes mysteries like me and since this show involves policemen, he was keen to watch as well and it got him all excited!:) He was either gripping on the edge of the sofa.. or jumping up and down.. and when the evil villian tried to kill people, he made his hand out into a shape of a gun and pretended to shoot the evil villain...

Midway, he even got so riled up by the evil villain and what he did that he asked me, "Mummy, can I use the F word? This man is so bad!" I told him he cannot use the F word and that he shouldn't be so kan cheong watching just a drama lah.. it is not real life.

Anyway, I only allowed him to watch 15 minutes at any one time and in order to watch the next 15 minutes, he had to complete a task... surprise surprise, he completed his tasks in RECORD TIME! And he did them beautifully and accurately too!

Anyway, my son now thinks that the solution to all problems is to hack into people's computers to steal their information as the lead, who is a hacker called Hades, does...

But it is good also that we watched the show together. I had a good chance to explain to him the dangers of what goes on in the internet and why it is important for us to protect our information like our passwords and why it is important not to click any file you receive. I also explained to him why you cannot believe every thing you read on the internet because people might manipulate the information and why sometimes people are not who they say they are on the internet. Ace says though that his computer teacher has already taught him in school to be vigilant on the internet...

We also had a short discussion about viruses and how they happen when you click a wrong file and how it is important to check the information you read on the internet as it might not be true.

Now that we have completed the series, have to think about what to use to ENTICE Ace to finish his work faster!:)

Previous Post: Outing To Jumeriah Beach

No comments: