Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Love It Because It Is Made With Love

WHen Ace was about 3 years old... if you asked him what he wanted to eat... his personal favourites will go in this order:
  1. Sushi
  2. Sauce Mian
  3. Mac Donalds
Now that he is turning 8 and we are living in Dubai, his personal favourites are:
  1.  Sushi
  2. Mac Donalds
  3. Subway
But I expected that he would still enjoy sauce mian lah.. so the other day, because I myself had craving for lor mee, I decided to make some..

I didnt have any recipe.. I just anyhow make.. based on my past year and a half experience in cooking and sort of made up my own recipe ;) wahahaha...

The end result was in my opinon quite nice:) And it quelled the craving I had for lor mee...

But leh, Ace wasnt very impressed. Apparently, he used to love Sauce Mian (that is his nickname for Lor Mee) because he loved anything that was sour! But now, he doesnt like sour food anymore and so he said he did not really enjoy it...

"Mummy, do you know how many marks I give this sauce mian out of 5 stars? Just ONE! Cos it is too sour! I don't like sour food!"

I pursed my lips and told him I am quite disappointed that he did not like it because I put in alot of effort to cook it.. thinking that he will enjoy and like it...

So my son ran over.. put his arms around me and gave me a big big hug and whispered into my ears... "But I still love it lah... because it is made with love..."

1, 2, 3, Awwww.......:)

I melt liao..

Previous Post: Old School Games

No comments: