Sunday, April 14, 2013

It's In Your Prayers, Mummy!

Ever since I came to dubai, the environment has sort of been more conducive more me to chant more and be more active in gakkai activities as compared to when I was in Singapore and always busy with 101 things:)

When I was very young, I was told the power of prayers and my mum often said that we should have our prayers in mind when we chant... so that they can come true:) Especially if we have strong ichinen...

And then of course when I started to learn about goal setting, I also learnt the importance of having a dream board...  and how powerful it is...


So a few months back, I started to make my prayers chart and I finally got it done and pasted on the wall next to my Bustudan.

To be very honest, when I do my prayers, I also dun really refer to them. I still do most often the happiness and good health for the family thingy...  cos it is am autopilot thingy I pray for when I do my gongyo... I really just made the list of prayers, pasted them on the wall and sort of forgot about them!

But interestingly, that seems to work! wahahaha...

As I looked through my prayers the other day, I realized that they are slowly coming true for me one by one...  I prayed for a good house near both our parents... that is coming true.. I prayed that I can find something that I will enjoy doing that will give me extra income.. that is coming true..  The others like the good health of our parents still holds true...  the rest are all in progress lah...

And today, I realized that while I may have forgotten my prayers, MY SON HAS NOT!

Apparently, whenever he chants, he has his own list of prayers to read off his daimoku chart when he sansho right? So he will read his own prayers BUT he also reads mine! wahahahahaha.. so he remembers them quite well!
Ace's Daimoku chart and prayers.. which includesMummy have baby, get 75 points for chinese test, finish homework by 5pm, buy PSP, mummy and daddy never quarrel again, have wisdom to draw nice picture to win a prize, eat more faster, find a good flat to live in....

Today, he had a fun day playing with a younger child and I praised him for being a good gor gor.. and so he was suddenly fixated on the idea of becoming big brother again.. so he came and touched my tummy and sayang my tummy.

"Oi, dun play with my fats leh.." I told him.

"No, I want to sayang my di di..."

"Please lah, there is NOTHING inside lor..."

"Oi! No giving up hor, that is in YOUR PRAYERS! And have to do it by December 2013! And it is in my prayers! No giving up hor!" he chided me with one arm on his waist and another one pointed at me like a teapot.

Max still ???????? and blur blur ask "What you are talking about.." But I immediately knew Ace was referring to my prayer of having another child. 

I laughed and laughed.. But since that was a common prayer we had (his was for mummy to have a baby), I was not that surprised that he remembered.. I was more surprised he remembered the deadline that I set because I was thinking if I cannot get pregnant by then.. then forget it lah. One is enough:)

Then after chatting about this and that, Ace told me, "Let's go for a walk later ok? Then you can achieve your prayers of losing weight... walking is good exercise..."

PENGZ... Need to remember my EVERY prayer SO CLEARLY or not?!?!?!?!

Previous Post: Easter Again

No comments: