Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I Won A Prize!


Today when I went to pick Ace up from school, he was looking at something with a group of friends.

Someone was trying to fix something that looked like those lego imitation sets that Ace liked to buy.

"We won a prize.." Ace said to me when he saw me...

There were a few boys gathered around the toy and one of them seemed to me trying to fix it up...

"Can you wait for a while?" Ace asked me..

"Who won a prize?" I asked him. It was not that I did not want to wait, I just wanted more information about what is going on but somehow, the sight of me seemed like a cue for all the boys to disperse and they were all dispersed within 10 seconds...

After they were dispersed, Ace picked the pieces up and put them back into the box. Oh, so the box of things belonged to him and the prize belonged to him. I asked him why did he win this prize and he said today there was some event in school.

They had to run around to look for lollipop sticks. If you found 6, you could exchange for a toy. Ace found 3, and his friend found 3 and the teacher suggested that they might wan to combine their sticks to exchange for presents.

Ace told me he found someone who also had 3 lollipop sticks... and then persuaded him to combine their sticks. And then leh, Ace suggested that they scissors paper stone to decide who gets to keep the toy. Ace won and so he got to keep the toy.

Lucky boy:)

To be honest, I am actually very pleasantly surprised at how resourceful the kids were cos I thought they came up with the idea to collaborate themselves. It was only after more questions that I found out that the teacher was the one who suggested collaboration..

But leh, I was still impressed because in our conversation, I discovered that Ace had a logic and reasoning behind everything. Apparently,, he was the one who came up with the plan to scissors paper stone to decide who gets to keep it..

Also, he chose H to share because :
- H also had 3 sticks.. so they half half chance of getting it each.. and it is the most fair
- H is a very upright person and has been known to have good conduct and so he will not go back on his word

Amazed by his resourcefulness): hahaha

PS: Well, Ace has learnt to work in a team. He told me past few days they have been doing games in school. His friend E was short of a few ice cream sticks to exchange for presents so they combined. E won the scissors paper stones thingy and so E got to exchange for a present. The next day though, Ace was short of a few sticks and E said he will return the favour and give his sticks to Ace so that Ace can redeem the prize that he wants. How cool is that:)Too bad for Ace though.. while playing with it, the prize he redeemed few to the top of a doorway of our condo's lobby. Out of reach.. so cannot get it.. It looks like the picture provided below.. do you know where I can buy a few more for him?

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v5/876515754_1/jr027-wholesale-font-b-plastic-b-font-font-b-dragonfly-b-font-40pcs-hand-push-flying.jpg

Previous post: Dubai Vs Singapore

No comments: