Saturday, October 18, 2014

Why You Understand Me So Much?!

The other day, while we were walking home from school, I told Ace that I am really two minds about letting him walk to and fro from school by himself.

On one hand, I recognize he is old enough to do that already but I am a little worried...

Firstly leh, I am worried strangers might come up to him and talk to him and take him away... BUT, this is not the top of my fears cos i know Ace will not talk to strangers, knows how to ask for help and knows when he should run.

Then leh, I also worry that he might not know how to cross the road or that he might be recklessly running on the roads.... But of course as he grows older, I know he will be a little more aware...

"Aiyah, you don't have to worry so much about me..." he insisted... "Please give me some independence and let me try..." he pleaded...

And then I continued...

"But what I worry MOST... is that if I don't pick you up from school, you will walk here and there.. buy this buy that, buy ice cream.. buy dunno what... then walk home from school..."

At this point.. Ace went very very quiet and did not continue to plead me to let him walk home from school alone...

"Why are you so quiet?" I asked him... " Is it because I guessed correctly what you have planned when you were pleading me to let you try to walk home by yourself?"

"Argh!!!!!! Mummy... why you understand what I am thinking.. why you always know what I want to say or what I want to think????" And he giggled...

Because, my DEAR SON... I have been your mummy for 10 years! (Yes, including that 9 months you were inside my tummy.. ) If you just wriggle your bum.. I think I can also tell if you want to poop or want to pee lor!:) hahahahahaa... SO YOU BETTER DUN TRY FUNNY STUFF.. OR LIE TO ME COS I WILL ALWAYS KNOW OR FIND OUT IN THE END!:) wahahahahaha...

PS: When i repeated this story to Daddy and came to the part where I was talking about the thing I am worried about most, Max intercepted me and said the same thing I was going to say!!!" See,Ace, your dad also understand you very well!:) wahahaah

Previous Post:  Sort Of Hot Date At Demand And Supply

No comments: