Saturday, October 11, 2014

Soka Youth Cultural Festival

When  I returned to Singapore, my mum kept asking me if I wanted to sign Ace up with the Junior Pioneer Division meetings. I think Ace also sort of missed all the "parties" he had in Dubai and so I decided to sign him up.

The first meeting we attended turned out to be the general meeting where the whole Singapore congregated at one meeting point. As a result of that, I got to meet up with so many of my koteketai friends.

I joined koteketai when I was 9 and only left when I was in my early twenties :) So I was really happy to meet these long lost friends again as I have not been in touch with them for the past ten years or so.

Ace was equally happy.

As the children were grouped according to where they were staying or where they go to school, Ace  met other children who were going to Yuneng Primary School and most importantly, he found out that his class monitor was also in the same group as him!


Then I found out that there is a Youth Cultural Festival going on and I had such great memories of myself in those festivals.

Throughout my life, I have taken part in quite a number of Soka Youth Cultural Festival.. the first one I took part in when I was 8, doing a hoola hoop dance and the last few with my koteketai friends :)


So I asked Ace if he wanted to take part. I think he will find it fun and learn a little about group working and get a good work out too:) hahaha... Initially, he asked me what dance they were dancing and told me that he likes to dance but only likes to dance his own style..


But in the end, he found out that his monitor is also taking part and so he decided to take part as well ;)


So far, he has attended a few practices and first practice complain the steps are so simple and that he was very bored because his class monitor was sick and did not attend the practice..
Second practice  he complained that his leg very pain...

I am hoping he will soon warm up to the people there and start to enjoy YCF as much as I did when i took part:)

On a positive side, many of my koteketai friends have kids taking part and so it is like mini gathering for us during their practice:)



Previous Post: Shi Shang Zhi You Ba Ba Hao/ 世上只有爸爸好

No comments: