Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ace's Revenge


I don’t know what’s wrong with my son today?

Sigh…

He was actually having quite a good time and very guai throughout most part of the day.

I have not been feeling too well for the past few days. Caught the dam flu bug and have been sniffling and coughing slightly these two days. Didn’t help that just as I was about to be recovered, my tam chiak nature brought me back to square one when hubby bought durians that day.

Anywayz, Ace slept through the nite till about 5.30am in the morning and then he woke up and asked to be fed for a little while. Lasted till about 8 plus. Woke up and was fed a little while and then the next time he woke, hubby brought him to enjoy his favourite pastime, bathing.

And then we went out.

Cos today is an exciting day! My good friend, Sinclair, has given BIRTH! Hey, tat’s exactly 8 weeks after I have given birth. Her baby still doesn’t have a name and we call him baby Bill after her husband cos he looks exactly like his father.

We bought Ace’s car seat (haha.. finally got round to doing it.), visited Sinclair, went to a friend’s house for makan, went jalan jalan at Parkway Parade, then brought Ace home. Throughout, I dutifully fed him in between at 2 hour intervals.

When we reached home at 10 plus at night, he seemed all tired out and was soundly asleep after I fed him for a short while.

Hubby, who happens to be a die hard Liverpool Fan, decided that EPL Liverpool Vs Sutherland match is a must watch and went to the kopitiam downstairs to watch it with fellow LP supporters.

Me? I stayed at home and watched Racing Stripes on DVD.

Just as it ended, Ace started to wake and started to cry. Because he was all sticky and prone to fall asleep after feeding, I decided it was better to give him a good cloth wipe (was getting too late for a bath) and change his pampers before the start of feeding.

Usually he will be patient and wait for changing to be over and whimper a little here and there.

Today, for some unknown reason, he gave it all he had and cried till there were streams of tears down his eyes. It was as if I had ill treated him and had not given him milk for the past 100 years!

Since I was a seasoned mum (or maybe not quite that seasoned but I usually dun let baby's crying get me), I decided to just go ahead with my plan and ignore him. I started wiping him clean and then when I got to the part where I was suppose to change pampers, he peed on me and then still refused to stop crying!

His pee was like water fountain like that lor. So much! My only consolation was that it means that I am feeding him enough. In the end, the left leg of my Bermudas got wet.

Then I quickly fed him to shut him up. After a short feeding, he started to go dizzy and fell asleep. Because his shirt was a little wet from the little ‘accident’ earlier, I proceeded to help him change into another shirt.

Then I kenna AGAIN!

This time, he puke milk all over my hand, my shirt and the right of my Bermudas.

One nite can suay (or should I say ‘heng’) two times, sure must buy 4D right?

I was really very angry lor! What made me even more angry was that when I scolded him angrily, he actually SMILED at me and then fell asleep! The impudence of it!

And then I remembered that I read somewhere that even if I raise my voice, he doesn’t understand that I am angry. So I decided not to waste my effort but to divert my energies to complaining to my husband instead.

I then asked my son, “Why did you cry so hard to be fed only to vomit it all out leh? What is the point of it all??”

He didn’t reply. He merely continued to smile and continued to sleep.

Gee, I wonder if he is secretly seeking revenge on something I did to him.

Maybe in the past life?

Or maybe just for taking the above shown picture? ;) *hiaks*

1 comment:

Clatzz said...

must be because u pinch his cheeks lahz..

so he bey song take revenge... hahaha...